Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down What do you have to say about this one?

QUE ATRAZO!!!

No blacks, no gays, Dominican Republic bar sticks by its ways

Santo Domingo.- Rua's Bar, a disco located in the heart of Dominican Republic’s capital on Thursday defended its decision to bar homosexuals or blacks, stating that it serves “a demanding” and “elite” public which “decides whom to rub elbows with and whom not,” news source clavedigital.com reports.

On facebook Rua's manager Manuel Tomas Diaz apologized to the black people and homosexuals who were kept from entering the disco last week. “We, as all businesses and families, only have our own rules.”

“Rua's reserves the right to admission, it’s a right which bars have to decide who can and who cannot enter, our public is demanding and elite and decides whom to rub elbows with and whom not,” he said.

“Without wishing to generalize we’ve had regrettable spectacle of homosexual couples kissing in the middle of the bar, something which for many is normal, but disagreeable for others. For that reason I gain repeat, we reserve the right o admission,” added Rua's executive.

“A cozy atmosphere, good music, excellent service and more,” says the manager of the disco, located in the capital’s upscale Naco sector. “We maintain these offers thanks to our customers, who as well as demand good presence, good manners and other rules, and from us demand an healthy, moderate and appropriate ambience to share with their friendships.”

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: What do you have to say about this one?

Didn't you get the (new) memo?

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently they saw the error of their ways.
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/104...bout-face.html
    Last edited by Chirimoya; 07-13-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: added link to thread

Post Thanks / Like

I got the memo... but its funny how some folks still indicate that there is no racism and prejudice in DR... that was more of my point...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indy2273 View Post
    I got the memo... but its funny how some folks still indicate that there is no racism and prejudice in DR... that was more of my point...
    Point taken, no pun intended.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sandongero View Post
    Point taken, no pun intended.
    The sad part is that now is out, and even though they have retracted their original statment... Now there is an unwritten rule....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't we have another thread on the go about this? Anyway since the bar is in the DR this doesn't belong in Dominicans abroad. Moving it

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There are other threads about this. No need to beat a dead horse. Closed.