Nissan Murano Copper/Orange?!!??

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I am apealing to my fellow dr1ers to please inform me if you know of or see a Nissan Murano 2007/2008 in copper (Ladrillo in spanish). This colour is rare so i am having trouble locating one, new i can find no problem but its a bit pricey.

Love love love this car, so please let me know if you see one for sale in Santo Domingo/Santiago or in the east.

Thanks muchly!!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
154870_main_bigger.jpg

Found one!

Here's the link on Super Carros. Nissan Murano 2004 En Venta en Rep?blica Dominicana @SuperCarros.com - #154870

Do I win a prize?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
...or just buy one any color and have it painted the color you want. They can do a great job in The DR for cheap...

C

Colonel Dolemite

yea, on the average what would it cost to repaint a car? I figure a $1300 job in NY could be maybe $180 in SD?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
...or just buy one any color and have it painted the color you want. They can do a great job in The DR for cheap...
I just had our 2002 Ford F350 15 passenger van painted in Santiago.

Bodywork/dings fixed, small surface rust spots properly prepped and repaired, bumpers painted, wheels painted, trailer hitch carrier repainted, 2 coats white (original color), 1 coat clear, all wet sanded when hardened: RD$15,000.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Bodywork/dings fixed, small surface rust spots properly prepped and repaired, bumpers painted, wheels painted, trailer hitch carrier repainted, 2 coats white (original color), 1 coat clear, all wet sanded when hardened: RD$15,000.

It pays to ship a car just for the paint!!:glasses:

Let me guess CB..... good job too

WW

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Looks good. That is essentially the vehicle I had when I rented compact car last year in Colorado. Those large vans don't change all that much from year to year. Fortunately I drove a full sized Dodge van for 12 years and had no issues driving such a vehicle except for the fuel it used. The rental company allowed me to return it the next day and all charges were removed for that day.

Driving that particular vehicle made me feel like I was going to some kind of Sunday to go meetin' event.
It's really a 3.5 ton Ford F350 truck with a big empty box on it, and a big truck V-8 motor. Mileage is the same whether I drive alone or full of people and pulling our 14' trailer: 8-10mpg.

Not our daily driver, but really nice to have when we need it.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

15K is a great rate for a job that looks really well done.
would be a Dream to get such a rate here on the East for such a Job.
and a great ole Van,
it is always good to have a V8 backup weapon in the yard when needed, lol.
I drive mostly my so named Fishmobile, a 1998 Honda Accord,
but for pulling the Trailors and other heavy Duty we have a 5.7lts Dodge RAM with the Double Wheels as the Backup Weapon.
Gas Mileage doesnt matter when you need Power.
a bit hard to find a appropriate parking space when shopping, tho, lol.
Mike

Reactions: cobraboy

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Exactly.

Or space.

ha ha, correct,
here in PC at most places he is too long to pull it straight into a paking space, the Azz would simply block the Road out there, so my usual parking is to stop behind some already parked cars in the middle of the Road and let a nearby watchy know at which place he can find me quick if someone wanna leave, lol.
Mike

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Yup.

VanII.jpg

They're doing some work on my Xterra, and when they bring it back they do the final wet sanding.

I can vouch that RD$15K is an extremely good rate for a good painting job in the DR. Hell we paid RD$40K to have a 2001 Honda Accord painted and treated as new in Santo Domingo. If the job was good enough then I would say it would pay to take your vehicle there.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
absolutely,
my '98 Fishmobile, a Honda Accord, is due for a overpainting.
I am not talking the full Job, but the sun and 24/7 parked a few meters from that salty Beach works on a Cars paint 12 years time, and the best I got of an offer til now, fighting like he$$ at every paintshop, is a 25K for that.
but I am still fighting and after looking on Robert's Foto and reading the price for a full job I darn sure will have a good number of more discussions before the Baby get's a new Tan.
Mike

Feb 7, 2007
Mike, maybe we can do a trip to Santiago, my car is also in need for full paint job after having all-side "encounters" with dumb motoconchos and borracho drivers. Here in HY the best offer I got was also 25k and up.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike, maybe we can do a trip to Santiago, my car is also in need for full paint job after having all-side "encounters" with dumb motoconchos and borracho drivers. Here in HY the best offer I got was also 25k and up.
Hey Buddy,
not the worst of all ideas,
but Santiago is a heck of a distance from here and such job is not done in one day and driving home the next, considered that we find the appropriate painter prior to travel and agree on a price, lol.
Travel costs and 2 overnighters plus travel sidecosts for 2 gringitos from the east on a Paintjob in Santiago I consider finally not something like any "Money saved on the Job", but not a bad Idea Neither, ha ha.
scratchwise most on my Baby comes from Motoconchos, too,
I hate it when people try to pass me on my right side,
that's where most scratches come from, 'cause I don't let 'em, I don't care much abut an other scratch and those scratchs do not Hurt Me, lol.
Mike

Feb 7, 2007
Hey Buddy,
not the worst of all ideas,
but Santiago is a heck of a distance from here and such job is not done in one day and driving home the next, considered that we find the appropriate painter prior to travel and agree on a price, lol.
Travel costs and 2 overnighters plus travel sidecosts for 2 gringitos from the east on a Paintjob in Santiago I consider finally not something like any "Money saved on the Job", but not a bad Idea Neither, ha ha.
scratchwise most on my Baby comes from Motoconchos, too,
I hate it when people try to pass me on my right side,
that's where most scratches come from, 'cause I don't let 'em, I don't care much abut an other scratch and those scratchs do not Hurt Me, lol.
Mike

I can go to STI and back (whe planned properly so not to get stuck in SD traffic) with 1500 pesos in LPG. Maybe another 1500 for some cheap lodging and food ... so 3k to 4 k, still cheaper than 25K here, and a nice trip to Santiago.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I can go to STI and back (whe planned properly so not to get stuck in SD traffic) with 1500 pesos in LPG. Maybe another 1500 for some cheap lodging and food ... so 3k to 4 k, still cheaper than 25K here, and a nice trip to Santiago.

Guys if I were you I will do the trip, and have a nightover in Santiago for a change of scenery, at least for a weekend. Then come back through Metro or Caribe Tours.