A tribute to Lambada/Ginnie

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Later today Ginnie's nearest and dearest will be holding a memorial service at the home she shared with Grahame in Puerto Plata.

For those like me who cannot be there, here is a slide show in her memory that shows her many passions and talents, and her indomitable joie de vivre:

YouTube - ginnie bedggood

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
I was planning to be there.

This is a great idea, thanks.

I am planning to be there, but as I write the heavens are showing due respect for Ginnie and putting on a terrific performance.

As I'm limited to public transport, I wonder if anyone passing through Sosua might have space in a vehicle for two people. I will get there through hell and high water, but I might arrive a bit less bedraggled if I don't have to use a motoconcho at the other end!

If you can help, please PM me

Many thanks.

Linda.

Last edited by a moderator:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Later today Ginnie's nearest and dearest will be holding a memorial service at the home she shared with Grahame in Puerto Plata.

For those like me who cannot be there, here is a slide show in her memory that shows her many passions and talents, and her indomitable joie de vivre:

YouTube - ginnie bedggood

A truly lovely tribute, Chiri, with stunning photos of the Ginnie we all knew and loved....

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Beautiful presentation

That was a beautiful presentation. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Thanks for sharing.

She was quite a looker. A very beautiful woman. We definitely lost a treasure.

May she rest in peace and may God bless you Bushbaby.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Glad you all liked it, but I didn't prepare the slideshow, I just posted it on behalf of Grahame. :)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Just in case there is anyone in doubt as to whether we go ahead this afternoon because of the rain .............

WE ARE ALL SYSTEMS GO AT CASABUSH

Working in the true manner of Ginnie the TROOPER, we ahve prepared for all eventualities & we will set up in the house & covered areas outside.

Please come wearing your best smiles & be prepared to be HAPPY!

~ Grahame.

Reactions: Bronxboy

pgbeau1

Feb 14, 2010
Thank you for sharing this lovely tribute, Grahame. I am sorry I can't be there today, but thanks to this I can sit here at work in Boston and feel like I am there. God bless, and I hope the rain lets up.
Paul

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
What a lovely video! It shows how much zest for life she and Grahame had together.
Thank you for sharing it with us here.
I hope the memories of life help you get through her moving on to her new home in haven.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
A beautiful tribute to a beautiful person! Never without a warm smile.

It is evident that Ginnie lived life to the fullest.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
A beautiful tribute to a beautiful person! Never without a warm smile.

It is evident that Ginnie lived life to the fullest.

AMEN to that M'dear DRloca. Drop me a line or PM when you get a moment please!

I have already posted on the other thread http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/104447-wake-memorial-service-ginnie-lambada-4.html#post874488
about the afternoon so will not repeat it here. I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all who attended & made this such a wonderful send off for 'The Old Girl'!

Bless you all for coming, Bless you for making the afternoon so full of laughter & good memories & Bless you for carrying on the tradition of using such get-togethers as a means to opening up to other people! I hope you all enjoyed the afternoon as much as I did! ~ Grahame.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
still fascinated from the Look in those Eyes,
straight on pointed to what ever they Choose to Aim on,
the Look of a real Sailor through the Waters of Life,
against any Odds and Thunders,
those Eyes will break through any Storm and reach their Destin.
I will kepp an Eye on the Spray of Her Ship.
She is still Sailing and for ever will,
and I will always give My best to stay in that Wake through the Thunders of Life.

A real Lady,
simplemente Maravilloso.

Mike

Reactions: pedrochemical

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
Ohmg I didn't know. I was thinking to write to Ginnie last week. I regret not doing so at the time.

Dear Ginnie was one the greatest women I had ever known. She was a blessing to a lot of us.

I'm sure she is very happy looking down on us. We will miss you!!!

Bayx**

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Mixed emotions

Many, many thanks for the link to YouTube and the chance to see the slideshow. Ginnie was something else in years gone by, wasn't she?
I watched it with a mixture of laughter, tears and wide eyed amazement at some of the outfits! Typical Ginnie and Grahame.

Gone, but never, never to be forgotten.

Rio

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Simply beautiful!

Grahame, this tribute is simply beautiful.... more so than I can express. Thank you for sharing it with us. It brought out my happy tears as I could feel the spirit of your darling Ginnie with every frame. She was a gorgeous, precious soul, inside and out. (And I absolutely love her hair!)

Lauren

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
God bless you Grahame. I feel blessed that I met your beloved Ginnie. I also loved reading her book. Take care.