I got beat up :(

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Now that I have gotten the attention of AZB haters hehehehe.
I just want to mention: wow, what a strong strain of flu in DR. My patients are sick, my secretary is half-dead at her home. I got the flu on sunday but instead of resting, I went to the gym. Then over night, I got worse. Monday I was useless and came home after 2 hours at my office. Tuesday I was dead at home (tongue hanging out of my mouth). My girlfriend desperately tried to nurse me get back on my feet. I had fever, dizziness, headache, and muscle aches all over my body. I was almost convinced (at one point) that I might have become a victim of a violent crime: felt like 4 tigres from pueblo-nuevo and 2 motoconchistas from cien-fuego had beat the crap out of me with baseball bats. This is how bad the pains were. i could not even walk to the kitchen. Thanks god I am feeling much better now.
AZB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
AZ - arent you a doctor?? Dont you know that the best way to fight the flu or even a simple cold is to REST! Load up on honey + lemon tea and REST!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZ - arent you a doctor?? Dont you know that the best way to fight the flu or even a simple cold is to REST! Load up on honey + lemon tea and REST!!

i did just that and now I am feeling much better.
AZB

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Add me & 3 friends to the list of those sick within the last couple of weeks.

Mar 2, 2008
In my very best ABC voice, style and demeanor:

Getting the flu is obviously a result of interacting in the 'wrong' social circles.

Ask yourself, why is it that the people I associate with NEVER get ill, especially not with the low-class and common flu. WE wouldn't dream of coming in contact with such a chopo disease.

Since there is no disease in Santo Domingo, I must assume SOMEONE snuck into Sosua recently. Shame on you!

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I also had it and was down for 5 days. I had 2 full days of massive headache and joint aches, the rest was gastrointestinal.

Others seem to get this bug and get the body hurt plus head cold symptoms.

It is brutal and the best thing is rest and fluids. Of course it seems everyone here rushes to emergency or the pharmacy to buy antibiotics! Totally useless against a VIRUS.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

Getting the flu is obviously a result of interacting in the 'wrong' social circles.

Ask yourself, why is it that the people I associate with NEVER get ill, especially not with the low-class and common flu. WE wouldn't dream of coming in contact with such a chopo disease.

Since there is no disease in Santo Domingo, I must assume SOMEONE snuck into Sosua recently. Shame on you!

Oh really? so people in the 1st world never have flu? I guess people in hamptons have never even seen a flu case in their lives.
Very smart catcher. You must be on your 5th beer by now. Nice productive life you live in sosua.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Oh really? so people in the 1st world never have flu? I guess people in hamptons have never even seen a flu case in their lives.
Very smart catcher. You must be on your 5th beer by now. Nice productive life you live in sosua.
AZB

Now now, if you dish it out by the shovel full you need to take a teaspoon full once in a blue moon right? ;)

Reactions: MikeFisher

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Now now, if you dish it out by the shovel full you need to take a teaspoon full once in a blue moon right? ;)

Problem is, I can dish it out, but I can't take it in return. hehehehe

AZB

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
It is brutal and the best thing is rest and fluids. Of course it seems everyone here rushes to emergency or the pharmacy to buy antibiotics! Totally useless against a VIRUS.

If it is a virus, that is usually correct. Sometimes these illnesses have a bacterial component, but usually not. Dominicans are just like North Americans -- they want a magic antibiotic for all illness, virus or not. Doesn't work that way, although sometimes the "sugar pill effect" (the patient's mind is convinced the medicine just taken is effective and therefore the patient starts "feeling better" automatically) might make it seem so.

Of course, those of us who know the DR and Dominicans know well know that they have found the secret remedy for ALL maladies known to man: Menthol!!!! LOL

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ake it seem so.

Of course, those of us who know the DR and Dominicans know well know that they have found the secret remedy for ALL maladies known to man: Menthol!!!! LOL

LOL hahahaha so true. The first day, I was laying down on the bed and my girlfriend ambushed me and rubbed menthol all over my chest and face and head. yukkkkkk. I was too weak to defend myself. I was smelling like a blob of menthol.
AZB

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

Of course, you can't leave out the inevitable response:

"I know that AZB can be a bit rough around the edges, but what he says is spot on. In the meantime, this thread will be closed if anyone strays beyond the topic of 'AZB is always right all the time.'"

Reactions: Tamborista

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Of course, you can't leave out the inevitable response:

"I know that AZB can be a bit rough around the edges, but what he says is spot on. In the meantime, this thread will be closed if anyone strays beyond the topic of 'AZB is always right all the time.'"

Do you get off being antagonistic on this forum?

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Now that I have gotten the attention of AZB haters hehehehe.
I just want to mention: wow, what a strong strain of flu in DR. My patients are sick, my secretary is half-dead at her home. I got the flu on sunday but instead of resting, I went to the gym. Then over night, I got worse. Monday I was useless and came home after 2 hours at my office. Tuesday I was dead at home (tongue hanging out of my mouth). My girlfriend desperately tried to nurse me get back on my feet. I had fever, dizziness, headache, and muscle aches all over my body. I was almost convinced (at one point) that I might have become a victim of a violent crime: felt like 4 tigres from pueblo-nuevo and 2 motoconchistas from cien-fuego had beat the crap out of me with baseball bats. This is how bad the pains were. i could not even walk to the kitchen. Thanks god I am feeling much better now.
AZB

It could be dengue.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Man o man...I'll be going down in a couple of days and I hope I don't get any of this crap. Last time I was down there I caught something and was down for almost a week until my sister who's a doctor gave some strong stuff (one shot on each butt) and then I started feeling better.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Because AZB works in the health field, I just think he got the flu from one of his patients.

He did mentioned his patients being sick as well.

With the flu, one has to just ride it out. Time is of essence.