Punta Cana to Samana by Boat

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
Is there anyway to go from Punta Cana to Samana by boat? Any information would be appreciated

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It would be cheaper to charter a plane to Arroyo Barril....That trip would be a tough ride IMO, but I am not a sailor. The winds are from your right, so you are off a lee shore and all that means....then it will be at your back and that will be a nasty bit of up and down...
However, ask our man in the East: Mike Fisher!!

HB

CatherineD

Sep 3, 2006
Ferry from Sabana del Mar to Samana

I am not sure if this is the info you are looking for, but from Punta Cana you can take a bus to Higuey, then Hato Mayor and then to Sabana del Mar. From Sabana there is a ferry 4 times a day and it costs about 150 pesos/person. It is a rather inexpensive way to get to Samana, but you have to be prepared for about 3 hours on the bus.

Catherine

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
I am not sure if this is the info you are looking for, but from Punta Cana you can take a bus to Higuey, then Hato Mayor and then to Sabana del Mar. From Sabana there is a ferry 4 times a day and it costs about 150 pesos/person. It is a rather inexpensive way to get to Samana, but you have to be prepared for about 3 hours on the bus.

Catherine

thanks, my sister is visiting and i am taking her to the capital and then punta cana, i thought maybe from there by water would be fun and she could see the countryside.