I broke my chain, went for a wander and think I got a little bit lost....

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Today, I ended up in one of whirleybird's fields nearby to Pata to Gallina (about 4 miles from Sabaneta) and, fortunately, the nice people there took me in and gave me a 'dog house' and fed me a good dinner. I suspect that my owners are missing me but don't know where they are - can you help me find them please?

I look like a Ridgeback but I don't have a 'ridge' and I am male and friendly and quite young - this is what I look like:

2zz21d5.jpg

2emjyfa.jpg

Reactions: Lucille

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Today, I ended up in one of whirleybird's fields nearby to Pata to Gallina (about 4 miles from Sabaneta) and, fortunately, the nice people there took me in and gave me a 'dog house' and fed me a good dinner. I suspect that my owners are missing me but don't know where they are - can you help me find them please?
That house looks like a prison, he will happier loose hanging out by the corner where the colmados are, I think so...

JJ

Reactions: Tamborista
Mar 2, 2008
Obviously, Whirlybird is attempting to help this dog. Hopefully the rightful owners will read this thread, and they will understand what a kind and caring person she is.

There aren't many people, here or elsewhere, who would take the time and make the effort to care for stays the way that Whirlybird does.

Some thoughtful consideration is in order, in my opinion.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I rather hope that your comment was meant in jest.....
Yes it was in jest!! but my point of view is that if I would be Dominican perro I wold like to be a "Biralata" I think they lives a happy life sleeping under the cars and trying to make their living at los colmados..

Friendly doggies "los Biralatas"

JJ

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Yes it was in jest!! but my point of view is that if I would be Dominican perro I wold like to be a "Biralata" I think they lives a happy life sleeping under the cars and trying to make their living at los colmados..

Friendly doggies "los Biralatas"

JJ

I think that, if you look carefully, you will realise that this is not a regular Dominican perro.... amongst our mixture of 10 dogs we have pure breeds (Labradors, German Shepherds, Ridgeback) also gorgeous natural Dominican doggies and none of them choose to live under cars!!!!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I am an Animal lover

Let him go before he looses the scent he needs to get him home. Probably too late. Unless you know the owner or it really needs help, they have a better chance on their own.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Dominican dogs are so tranquillo...why expose them to jail ?

They will become hostile and bitter and then you will have disrupted the natural process of the Dr dog situation and if they become viscious....well !

Let the dog go, Shirley Bird and I will give you my last 2 parsnips I brought here last week.

VC

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
At least find him a viralata to get his doggie mojo on in the cell!
I agree with the others, let Bruno out of jail.

'obmat

Mar 2, 2008
For those advocating an early release program for Bruno, please consider that Whirlybird and Charlie are in the business of raising livestock, including ducks, geese, sheep, pigs, and other creatures, great and small.

Then thoughtfully consider some of the possible ramifications of a loose and hungry dog on the property.

Is it possible that things aren't as simply as they might appear to some city dwellers?

I am not saying that early release is not the answer, but perhaps giving Whirlybird some credit in terms of her knowledge of animals, and her unique understanding in this particular situation has some merit, at this point in time.

She probably has a much better perspective than many of those offering advice, which is more than likely based on much less information than she has at her disposal.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Comment from Mr WB...

"Obviously Catcher understands the ramifications of having any loose dog on a finca with many domestic birds and sheep who, if worried, chased and attacked could well be dead or at the very least tangled in fencing and caused untold distress."

If we were in the habit of 'picking up' stray dogs and imprisoning them whilst driving along our tracks, then we would have thousands in our care. We are fully aware of the traits of the Dominican viralata animals who love to live "rough" as opposed to an almost pure bred 'gringo' type dog which would not fend for itself in the same way.

I am happy to say that I have been contacted via PM regarding the possible owner of this dog who I have nicknamed Buddy...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Well done and I hope it works out, I am now giving up helping dogs of the street. Yes if I saw one in distress then I'd put itnout of its misery or get it to a vet, but we can't go around helping every battered dog on the city streets, that would juat be insane and unrealistic.
Good on you for helping though, I am sure he thanks you in his own doggy way.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Reunited!!!!

Actually, our doggy friend did say "thanks" and so did his owner who does not read DR1 due to the fact that he speaks Spanish and French but no English!

Luckily, a fellow DR1er recognised the caged dog who once belonged to Luisa (prior to her demise). After a couple of phone calls, his French owner came to collect his dog, called Bow btw, and was very grateful that we had looked after him well since he broke his tether and ran away from home. Our recommendation to his owner was to have him neutered asap as then he might not have the wanderlust to seek out bitches in season!

Left free to roam, Bow MAY have caused damage, MAY have taken a wrong turn trying to return home and found himself on the main road where he MAY have walked into the path of an oncoming car so, to all you doubting Thomas', did we really do the wrong thing by caring for him in a kennel environment, giving him 2 good feeds a day and taking him for regular walks on a lead whilst he endured some hours in our care??

No wonder I hesitate posting on DR1 sometimes as, when the likes of AZB decides to leave me alone, there is always someone else ready and waiting to criticise..... but, never mind, Bow is back home and both dog and owner are happy which makes us happy too!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well done WB. You know how it goes around here eh? Someone sees something which they know nada about the history of the OP and it's " hey I need to add my two cents even if it helps no one"

Keep up the good work and just ignore the silly posts. Most of us know what you are doing is a great thing. ;)

Glad you found the owners. Might be a good time to close this thread that had a happening ending

Status
Not open for further replies.