Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Silver
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I broke my chain, went for a wander and think I got a little bit lost....

    Today, I ended up in one of whirleybird's fields nearby to Pata to Gallina (about 4 miles from Sabaneta) and, fortunately, the nice people there took me in and gave me a 'dog house' and fed me a good dinner. I suspect that my owners are missing me but don't know where they are - can you help me find them please?

    I look like a Ridgeback but I don't have a 'ridge' and I am male and friendly and quite young - this is what I look like:




  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    Today, I ended up in one of whirleybird's fields nearby to Pata to Gallina (about 4 miles from Sabaneta) and, fortunately, the nice people there took me in and gave me a 'dog house' and fed me a good dinner. I suspect that my owners are missing me but don't know where they are - can you help me find them please?
    That house looks like a prison, he will happier loose hanging out by the corner where the colmados are, I think so...

    JJ

  3. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bachata View Post
    That house looks like a prison, he will happier loose hanging out by the corner where the colmados are, I think so...

    JJ
    I rather hope that your comment was meant in jest.....

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Obviously, Whirlybird is attempting to help this dog. Hopefully the rightful owners will read this thread, and they will understand what a kind and caring person she is.

    There aren't many people, here or elsewhere, who would take the time and make the effort to care for stays the way that Whirlybird does.

    Some thoughtful consideration is in order, in my opinion.

  5. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    I rather hope that your comment was meant in jest.....
    Yes it was in jest!! but my point of view is that if I would be Dominican perro I wold like to be a "Biralata" I think they lives a happy life sleeping under the cars and trying to make their living at los colmados..

    Friendly doggies "los Biralatas"

    JJ

  6. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bachata View Post
    Yes it was in jest!! but my point of view is that if I would be Dominican perro I wold like to be a "Biralata" I think they lives a happy life sleeping under the cars and trying to make their living at los colmados..

    Friendly doggies "los Biralatas"

    JJ
    I think that, if you look carefully, you will realise that this is not a regular Dominican perro.... amongst our mixture of 10 dogs we have pure breeds (Labradors, German Shepherds, Ridgeback) also gorgeous natural Dominican doggies and none of them choose to live under cars!!!!!

  7. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I am an Animal lover

    Let him go before he looses the scent he needs to get him home. Probably too late. Unless you know the owner or it really needs help, they have a better chance on their own.

  8. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,833
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dominican dogs are so tranquillo...why expose them to jail ?

    They will become hostile and bitter and then you will have disrupted the natural process of the Dr dog situation and if they become viscious....well !

    Let the dog go, Shirley Bird and I will give you my last 2 parsnips I brought here last week.

    VC

  9. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    At least find him a viralata to get his doggie mojo on in the cell!
    I agree with the others, let Bruno out of jail.

    'obmat

  10. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For those advocating an early release program for Bruno, please consider that Whirlybird and Charlie are in the business of raising livestock, including ducks, geese, sheep, pigs, and other creatures, great and small.

    Then thoughtfully consider some of the possible ramifications of a loose and hungry dog on the property.

    Is it possible that things aren't as simply as they might appear to some city dwellers?

    I am not saying that early release is not the answer, but perhaps giving Whirlybird some credit in terms of her knowledge of animals, and her unique understanding in this particular situation has some merit, at this point in time.

    She probably has a much better perspective than many of those offering advice, which is more than likely based on much less information than she has at her disposal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •