Jan 12, 2006
But for how long?

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Valid question.
He was doing a 208-year jail term, when he "left" the PR prison 11(!) years ago.

donP
Is the PR prisons system alike the DR? I though PR was part of the US.

JJ

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

JJ
Un no, not exactly...Puerto Rico in the Caribbean and the Northern Mariana Islands in the Pacific Ocean belong to the United States and have the status of commonwealth, a legal and political status that is above a territory but still below a state.

Puerto Rico has authority over its internal affairs. United States controls: interstate trade, foreign relations and commerce, customs administration, control of air, land and sea, immigration and emigration, nationality and citizenship, currency, maritime laws, military service, military bases, army, navy and air force, declaration of war, constitutionality of laws, jurisdictions and legal procedures, treaties, radio and television--communications, agriculture, mining and minerals, highways, postal system; Social Security, and other areas generally controlled by the federal government in the United States. Puerto Rican institutions control internal affairs unless U.S. law is involved, as in matters of public health and pollution. The major differences between Puerto Rico and the 50 states are exemption from some aspects of the Internal Revenue Code, its lack of voting representation in either house of the U.S. Congress (Senate and House of Representatives), the ineligibility of Puerto Ricans to vote in presidential elections, and its lack of assignation of some revenues reserved for the states.

Reactions: greydread

donP

Dec 14, 2008
We Have Vacancies.

It seems that PR prisons are much better than those in the DR and the US. :bunny: :bunny:
They even have more beds than inmates. ;)
So, IF Figueroa should really end up in prison again, he will not have to squeeze in.

REPORTE DE LA JUSTICIA / CEJA - REPORT OF JUSTICE / JSCA

Although the statistics are from 2004, things may not have changed so much.

donP

Stuart Polkinghorne

Nov 13, 2008
How smart is this guy really? on the run from the DR and wanted in PR, so he runs back to PR. Where the DEA FBI and US marshal all have jurisdiction, mmmm just makes me wonder how smart a drug lord has to be? With countries a boat trip away with no US extradition he stays in PR and gets caught.
Question in this house is, how many are at the DR airports, ready to leave before he starts to talk?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Very smart apparently as he has escaped from a maximum security prison, lived the high life in The DR for many years in plain sight and just now after all of this he gets caught (supposedly). We'll see how long he remains in jail after all this anyway...

Stuart Polkinghorne

Nov 13, 2008
I think it will be more the case of how long he will be alive not how long he will be in jail. Someone in PR was protecting and hiding him, now the DEA FBI and US marshal have him you think he wont talk?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
How smart is this guy really? on the run from the DR and wanted in PR, so he runs back to PR. Where the DEA FBI and US marshal all have jurisdiction, mmmm just makes me wonder how smart a drug lord has to be? With countries a boat trip away with no US extradition he stays in PR and gets caught.
Question in this house is, how many are at the DR airports, ready to leave before he starts to talk?
He was smart as he understood that in DR his life was in high risk.
Just think about this:
Una cucaracha en un gallinero duraria mas que Figeroa A. en Rep Dom. = A roach's life would last longer living in a gen farm than Figero A. living in DR.

JJ

JFD

Feb 10, 2010

I was wondering the same. Why PR ? doesn't sound like a smart move to me.
What is sure is we have a lot of nervous politicians and military in the DR today :paranoid:...

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
What is sure is we have a lot of nervous politicians and military in the DR today :paranoid:...
Yep ! Some folks must have already packed their suitcases and gone into hiding...

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

He was a wanted man in the DR; he made a lot of enemies in high positions that wanted him dead. Reason why the chief of Police had to be in front of the team hunting him down, in order to guarantee his life and what he knows about those people involved in the DR and PR.

He's under arrest and the data will start to flow soon...

Fernandez told the chief of police to get the man alive and find all those behind his power in the DR. He knows that they are pretty dangerous people to leave alone, as they're operating with impunity with links in the Police, prisons, DNCD, military intelligence, gov and overall authorities in the DR...

Expect many arrests to follow up in the DR...

Feb 7, 2007
Posted by Andypgr @ Apresamiento Figueroa Agosto moviliza a Puerto Rico y RD

!!URGENTE!!

SE NESECITA UNA CONSIDERABLE CANTIDA DE "PEPTOBISMOL", "INMODIUM ID" O CUALQUIER OTRO MEDICAMENTO CONTRA LA DIARREA EN EL HOPITAL CENTRAL DE LA FFAA DONDE HAN SIDOS HOPITALIZADOS UNA BUENA CANTIDAD DE GENERALES Y CORONELES PADECIENDO DIARREA HEMORRAGICA Y TAQUICARDIA, HASTA AHORA LOS MEDICOS NO HAN SABIDO EXPLICAR EL PORQUE DE ESTE SORPRESIVO ATAQUE DE DIARREA QUE TUBO SU COMIENZO ALRREDEDOR DE LA 11 Y MEDIAS DE ESTA MA?ANA.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
yes

Expect many arrests to follow up in the DR...

And almost as many releases!!!!!

Plan Renove, still looking for 60 BUSSES. Maybe 1 person used as an example.
Electric Fraud what happened to the business that was caught supplying his business, 300 or so houses, a gas station, and I believe the police station?
Latest round of murders carried out by the thug in charge of Fenatrano otherwise known as one of the owners of the country(Juan Hubieres). No way he would be running around loose anywhere else. http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...boss-admits-he-sent-armed-men-who-gunned-down
And my personal favorite the recovered stolen cars that were being used by the police and their friends and girl friends.

The DR justice system bears a strong resemblance to a sieve.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
And almost as many releases!!!!!

Plan Renove, still looking for 60 BUSSES. Maybe 1 person used as an example.
Electric Fraud what happened to the business that was caught supplying his business, 300 or so houses, a gas station, and I believe the police station?
Latest round of murders carried out by the thug in charge of Fenatrano otherwise known as one of the owners of the country(Juan Hubieres). No way he would be running around loose anywhere else. http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...boss-admits-he-sent-armed-men-who-gunned-down
And my personal favorite the recovered stolen cars that were being used by the police and their friends and girl friends.

The DR justice system bears a strong resemblance to a sieve.

Remember the "if the glove don't fit?"... Dream team?

Money and connections will always buy Justice to fit the highest bidder.

DR is not the exception nor is it the only place that takes place...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
He has (or had) connections to high ranking political figures (and police officers) in Puerto Rico.

An entire political party over there is suspected of having aided drug smugglers, including Agosto. This last bit could be politicking or there could be more to this. Drug money has been suspected in aiding several political campaigns in Puerto Rico.

One thing is certain, high ranking people are now probably a little shaken, but its in both the DR and PR.

Asking the question you just did has little meaning when people ignore the connections this guy had in Puerto Rico and the DR, people only think of the DR and often forget about Puerto Rico. An even earlier question to yours was made last year, since he fled from a Puerto Rican prison, why did he fled to next door DR? Why did he kept sending his drugs to the US via PR? Who protected his accomplice in PR? What happened to the Puerto Rican politicians that pleaded for his release when he was in jail, claiming he was a "good boy" despite his record? How can anyone be released from a high security prison without an in-depth investigation?

After its said and done, this particular case and fiasco falls squarely on PR, IMO. Had they never been so under the 'influence,' he would had never 'escaped' in 1999 and all of this could had been avoided.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeFisher