Bank-Code Banco Popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karre

Jul 17, 2010
Hi,
maybe someone can help me. I need the Bank-Code and the IBAN of the Banco Popular of the Dominican Republic.
I already have an account number and the BIC. Supposedly, the bank has neither a Bank-Code nor an IBAN!
My question to the bank was negative, I didn't get an answer!

Thank you very much for helping!

Feb 7, 2007
To the OP: IBAN is used in Europe, it is not used outside of Europe. What you are looking for is a SWIFT code.

Feb 7, 2007
The name here vor IBAN is ABA.

IBAN is NOT the same as ABA

IBAN is used in Europe and some other countries, but not rest of the world. There, BIC/SWIFT is used. ABA is a 9-digit routing number under administration by U.S. FED. It's called also a routing number, WITHIN the United States. Some other countries, such as DR and Canada also use a form of ABA, a 9-digit routing number, but that is NOT a part of FED's ABA. Same as DR uses a NANPA area code 809/829/849 within +1 dialing prefix, but these area codes are not part of US area code maps.

ABA routing number identifies the bank/location (one bank may have several different ABA's for different locations - east, west, etc. usually differentiated by the state and sometimes by the account type, and also ABA's may be different for check clearances and ATH on one side and wire transfers (called Fed Wires) on the other side, even for the very same account.

Contrary to ABA, IBAN contains a complete routing and banking information, including the country, bank, branch, and account number.

International Bank Account Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feb 7, 2007
I used ABA, BIC and Swift to sent money from Holland to DR by internetbanking.

yes, most Dominican banks do not have direct SWIFT codes, they have corresponding accounts with US banks. That's why you use SWIFT code and ABA. If you check in detail, the ABA belongs to the US corresponding bank.

Karre

Jul 17, 2010
@ DonP
I know only it is a branch of Banco Popular in Santiago.

@ Dre Broeders
I have already the BIC, your Code is okey but I think the IBAN is not correct.

@ rubio higuey
I am not sure the IBAN is used only in Europe, but BIC and SWIFT-Code are the same.

@ at all
thank you very much for helping

maybe someone is in this forum who transfer/ed money from Germany to an account at the Banco Popular in Santiago, he/she should know what I need.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
All you need is the swift code, account holders name and number.

BANCO POPULAR DOMINICANO, C. POR A.
AV. JOHN F. KENNEDY, ESQ. AV. MAXIMO GOMEZ, TORRE POPULAR,
SANTO DOMINGO

Swift code: BPDODOSXXXX

Sometimes European banks have issues, but it's usually because they are not used to using Swift code or ask for IBAN etc that is not used here.

Karre

Jul 17, 2010
All you need is the swift code, account holders name and number.

BANCO POPULAR DOMINICANO, C. POR A.
AV. JOHN F. KENNEDY, ESQ. AV. MAXIMO GOMEZ, TORRE POPULAR,
SANTO DOMINGO

Swift code: BPDODOSXXXX

Sometimes European banks have issues, but it's usually because they are not used to using Swift code or ask for IBAN etc that is not used here.

thank you Robert!

I will send money with your informations.
About success or failure I will write a short report here!

Karre

Jul 17, 2010
thank you Robert!

I will send money with your informations.
About success or failure I will write a short report here!
Hallo,
I sent money with the informations from Robert!
The money has come, duration approx. 1 week!
Thanks for your help

harywilson

Nov 22, 2010
The BIC Code, SWIFT code and the Sort Code depend on the country in which the bank is located. If you're transactions are within US, then RTN is whats required.
SWIFT Code

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
this will calculate the iban for you

bancentral.gov.do/sipard/main/main.asp

I am fairly sure The OP has spent these funds already, it is a five year old thread!
What is your motivation to search out iban on the internet?
Are you a stealth SPAMMER?

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
The required information is:-

BIC / SWIFT Code BPDODOSX
IBAN: DO85BPDO00000000000nine digit account number
Bank name: Banco Popular
Bank address: Santo Domingo

Hi,
maybe someone can help me. I need the Bank-Code and the IBAN of the Banco Popular of the Dominican Republic.
I already have an account number and the BIC. Supposedly, the bank has neither a Bank-Code nor an IBAN!
My question to the bank was negative, I didn't get an answer!

Thank you very much for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.