Mice/Mosquito/Cockroach electronic repeller

mattf

May 6, 2009
Hello,

I was wondering what people use to prevent mice/cockroaches/mosquitos in their place of residence? I see there are electronic pest repellers you can plug into your wall socket that generate sound waves to keep rodents away. I have read reviews though that they come back after they get used to the sound. My girlfriend is asking me to bring something from the US but I was wondering if anyone has any experience using these devices.

Thanks,

Matt

mattf

May 6, 2009
Cats or mice traps are not possible. Looking for something to take care of the cockroaches and mosquitos as well.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Cats take care of cockroaches, too.

Not a lot you can do for mosquitos, unless you want to get one of those propane CO2 traps. There are some electronic mosquito zappers around, and the burning citronella.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
They are selling those electronic plug in repellers in PriceSmart.

The blurb on the packaging sounds too good to be true. Which probably is!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Tried the plug-in repellers when we arrived to live here and found them to be totally useless!!

Never really experienced mice here but a good cat will keep rats of all sizes under control.

Raid Ant & Roach is immediate death to the cockroaches.

Use a good mozzie repellant on yourself to start with (after a while they will leave you alone anyway) and spray Raid or similar mozzie spray into a room and close the door for 20 minutes before you spend time there, i.e. the bedroom at night.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I love it that Dominicans think that we have everything better in the States -- which shows our PR is working but is simply not true.

The mice simply seem to adore those plug in things... I had a VAST MICE population in my old hippie dome...

Agreed that cats are better..

But there is a CUban made roach killer which is not poisonous to people but does kill the fertility of roaches...

And of course

CLORO
CLORO
CLORO

the rats -- well there are rats in the countryside which live underground so be sure to get a good gardener to find their living holes and put poison down.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Mosquito repellents

I've been researching plants that deter mosquitos. According to the article referenced below, five plants that repel mosquitos are: modified geranium (crossed with citronella grasss), citronella grass, marigolds, rosemary, and catnip.

Out or curiousity, has anyone tried any of these or had any luck?
And if so, does anyone know where to get any or some of these plants?

Five Plants That Repel Mosquitoes | Gomestic

Follow-up note: another article says that catnip also repels cockroaches.