3rd Annual N.Coast Charity Clasic Golf - Oct 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
The 3rd Annual N. Coast Charity Classic is October 9 this year, first Saturday in the month. Sosua Kids and AAAS (Sosua Friends of the Animals) have again been selected as recipients of funds raised. We invite all skill levels to help us help the charities, as it is all about a fun day, not a competitive golf day. There will be a limited supply of free beer this year but of course the pretty beer cart girls at Playa Dorada always have nice cold ones circling around the course. We invite any sponsors out there who would like to chip in a meal, a service, a donation or material goods that will go for very good causes. Prizes and freebies will be awarded as well as items for auction.

Texas Scramble (as in past years, best ball) other details to follow.
9 a.m. tee off (don't be late)
Entry fee per player: $3,000 pesos
Lunch: Included
Beer: Limited, but at least a few to loosen you up.
Place: Playa Dorada Golf Club, Puerto Plata
Sponsor's will be posted on DR1 and assorted literature about the tourney as well as mentioned at the award ceremony. We welcome everyone's participation. Teams are welcome as are individual players with whom we can team up with others, no problem.

With Mr.Bush's permission granted we'll also dedicate the day's play to the memory of Ginnie Beddgood who, while not a golfer, always donated to this tournament, among the many others to whom she gave.

Please come join us for a really fun day for some excellent causes and some great tropical golf with old friends and new. Love to have some of you Cibao area folks come join us, as well as you city-folk from the capital and regions beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Three of our team from last year have confirmed playing again this year. The fourth depends on if I can 'Hammer Down' the one from Sabaneta Or hope that Mr Bionic hips has returned from Illinois. The first to respond to me gets the position!!!

Put me down for one complete team please k'miteee. :cheeky: :pirate: ~ Grahame.

Aug 21, 2007
1. Count on me to contribute.

2. The husband wants to fly in for this event. BushBaby so kindly said that, should one of his teammates not be able to play, he would take the hubby. However, just in case someone else needs another to make a team, he is up for grabs.

3. What do we do next to be "registered?"

Reactions: mike l

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
1. Count on me to contribute.

2. The husband wants to fly in for this event. BushBaby so kindly said that, should one of his teammates not be able to play, he would take the hubby. However, just in case someone else needs another to make a team, he is up for grabs.

3. What do we do next to be "registered?"

The k'miteee as per Grahame is just now in the process of completing all the details
needed to stage the event this year. As far as contacts for registration you can list your name or names here on DR1 or pm the following members - tflea, twhitehead, or bermudaRum.
In addition, as tflea mentioned previously we will join up players who are listed as solo, as well as arrange the team members that you have listed as intending to play.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
With Mr.Bush's permission granted we'll also dedicate the day's play to the memory of Ginnie Beddgood who, while not a golfer, always donated to this tournament, among the many others to whom she gave.

Fabulous gesture in Ginnie's honour and a lovely idea.... perhaps not on this thread but is there any other ways that we can 'keep Ginnie's name and work alive' via DR1?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
sounds like a good day out .....maybe I should be thinking of taking up golf with my dodgey toe......

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
sounds like a good day out .....maybe I should be thinking of taking up golf with my dodgey toe......

Is your toe going to be the BALL JR or what you use to whack the ball with? Either way it ain't goin' to roll far when nit lands!! If you need some clubs or a quick 'Let's try it before we get on the course' lesson, give me a PM. Check with the others that play regularly - I have made (or still DO make) most of the sins of a golf swing & should be able to stop you doing likewise!!

Hammerdown - get back to me with confirmation one way or other please as I would like to accommodate Mr. Kaufman into our team if you ain't going to be there on the day!! ~ Grahame

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
BushBaby....sorry I won't be able to help defend our championship this year.... good luck to the team.....wish I could be there but I have my parents 50th anniversary that weekend.....now who plans a party when there is a golf tourny going on anyway????

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Time to look for NEW parents Hammerdown!!!!!!!

Okay, Tim Kaufman is now spoken for IF he can put up with two Brits & a rather quirky American (Southern States)!:cheeky:! ~ Grahame.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Golf Tournament Date Change

Due to a conflict with the Ryder Cup the 3rd Annual N. Coast Charity Classic has been pushed back a week and will be held October 9.
All other info remains the same. Posters and fliers will go up this week.
We encourage players and sponsors to sign up via this message board at your earliest convenience and thank you for your participation in supporting two local charities, AAAS and Sosua Kids.

Current early sign ups include:

Bushbaby +3
Steve P.
Tom W.
Pete R.
Phil H.
Ted F.
Dale S.
Ted D.
(add your name here)

Aug 21, 2007
Due to a conflict with the Ryder Cup the 3rd Annual N. Coast Charity Classic has been pushed back a week and will be held October 9.
We encourage players and sponsors to sign up via this message board at your earliest convenience and thank you for your participation in supporting two local charities, AAAS and Sosua Kids.

Bushbaby +3
Steve P.
Tom W.
Pete R.
Phil H.
Ted F.
Dale S.
Ted D.
(add your name here)

Ugh, tflea! Your killing us! My husband changed his US work/travel schedule and already bought a ticket to fly down for the previously scheduled weekend! He was to play with Bushbaby. Will have to go back to the drawing board and see if we can still make this work.

Lindsey

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
lo siento

So sorry Lindsey......it was a concensus due to some people wanting to watch the Ryder Cup. Hope ur man makes it over.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
More Players

Bushbaby +3
Steve P.
Tom W.
Pete R.
Phil H.
Ted F.
Dale S.
Ted D.
(add your name here)
Ken and Elayne
Judith and Paul
The Jolly Roger's Team
Britannia's Bar Team

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
More Players

Bush +3
Steve P.
Tom W.
Pete R.
Phil H.
Ted F.
Dale S.
Ted D.
Ken & Elaine
Judith and Paul
Jolly Roger's Team
Britannia Bar Team
Bill M. +3
Bryan K.

Sponsors:
DR1
Beecher's
Britannia
Jolly Roger's
Rocky's Blues Bar
Checkpoint
Outback Safaris
Admiral Sportswear
El Choco Restaurant
Monkey Jungle
Tubagua Plantation

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
33epz0z.jpg

Peter needs a haircut and he will take it All off for Charity. The 3rd Annual North Coast Charity Golf Classic needs your help as the hair will be donated to the Cancer for Wigs organization.

ALL PROCEEDS RAISED FOR PETE'S HAIRCUT WILL BE SHARED EQUALLY BETWEEN SOSUA KIDS ASSOC. and SOSUA FRIENDS OF THE ANIMALS....

We need to raise a minimum of RD30,000 and you can see Pete take it ALL off! Don?t get too excited...we are only talking about his hair!

N.C.C.G.C. after tournament event will be held at Jolly Rogers Rest,Sosua
Date: October 9th 2010 Time: 3pm

To pledge contact:

Jolly Rodgers Rest/Bar, DR1 3rd Annual N.Coast Charity Clasic Golf

peterendic@hotmail.comsperry2golf@yahoo.com,
tomindr@yahoo.ca t.foster@aerodom.co,

or tel, Pete Rendic. 829-986-1323, or PM Pete on his Facebook

Thank you for supporting this annual event for Charity.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Update

Bush +3
Steve P.
Tom W.
Pete R.
Phil H.
Ted F.
Dale S.
Ted D.
Ken & Elaine
Judith and Paul
Jolly Roger's Team
Britannia Bar Team
Bill M. +3
Bryan K.
Jon W.+1
Hank R.
Fernando +3

Sponsors:
DR1
Beecher's
Britannia
Jolly Roger's
Rocky's Blues Bar
Checkpoint
Outback Safaris
Admiral Sportswear
El Choco Restaurant
Monkey Jungle
Tubagua Plantation
Donovan's Reef Bar
AAAS & AAAS Thrift Shop
Guzman/Ariza Attorneys at Law

Last edited:

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Please be advised that all players that have pre registered to play be at the Playa Dorada G.C. no later than 8am for registrations. The shot gun format will start as soon as we complete the registration, as well as organize those players not selected in a foursome. In addition, as the players intending to play have exceeded last yrs. numbers already, we ask that anyone else wishing to support this event for charity please register here on this site before Friday, Oct. 8th at 5pm.

Thanking you again for your support.

NCGCC Committee

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Sponsors

Sponsors and of course the players make this tournament successful.
Latest sponsors to sign on:

Guzman Ariza Attorneys at Law
Brugal and Cia.

Thanks to all the business owners who make the day possible and contribute to the charitable organizations. Very much appreciated. We will confirm with other sponsors tomorow or Friday latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.