Cost of Diesel

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Could someone post the respective current prices of regular gasoline and diesel in the DR? Last time I was there (a year now.waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long:() diesel was significantly cheaper. If it's not now, I will probably buy a gas vehicle and add a propane conversion kit.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
23 pesos a gallon is still pretty significant......... about 18%. I think the issues with maintenance have to do with finding a competent diesel mechanic. No doubt in my mind that overall diesel engines are more reliable, and get better milage.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
23 pesos a gallon is still pretty significant......... about 18%. I think the issues with maintenance have to do with finding a competent diesel mechanic. No doubt in my mind that overall diesel engines are more reliable, and get better milage.

Also you need to take into account the quality of the diesel fuel here.
As has been posted, make sure you have a great mechanic.

You might be better off getting a "real" propane conversion as I'm sure you will save in the long term and they can be easily worked on.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Diesel is basically oil changes and oil and fuel filters...basic and very easy...

The use of fuel boosters, injector cleaners are a good thing every once in a while.

Other than that, good maintenence...

HB