Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Human crematorium in Sosua?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Human crematorium in Sosua?

Dear posters!

I was told today that construction work at the entrance to Sosua Ocean Village has a clandestine mission of building a human crematorium there behind the new gas (propan) station and that a week ago there were a public manifestation against the crematorium there.

Do you have please any information to confirm or to disperse these lugubrious allegations?
    It is very important for a good person who thinks of.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

A public manifestation AGAINST a crematorium? Please excuse my ignorance but why would anyone protest such a thing? Is cremation considered "bad" in the DR? All the people I've asked simply said that cremation isn't done in the DR, but nobody looked at me strangely for asking the question... what am I missing? I'm very curious.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

its done in SD

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Afgan View Post
    Dear posters!

I was told today that construction work at the entrance to Sosua Ocean Village has a clandestine mission of building a human crematorium there behind the new gas (propan) station and that a week ago there were a public manifestation against the crematorium there.

Do you have please any information to confirm or to disperse these lugubrious allegations?
    It is very important for a good person who thinks of.
    The protest consisted of maybe 20 people gathered at city hall, with signs saying NO to the propane gas station within the city limits and lasted about 30 mins. All was forgotten, I'm sure, a week or so later when the station was giving free propane at the grand opening. There was a linup about 1/2 mile long of people with tanks to be refilled.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genistar View Post
    A public manifestation AGAINST a crematorium? Please excuse my ignorance but why would anyone protest such a thing? Is cremation considered "bad" in the DR? All the people I've asked simply said that cremation isn't done in the DR, but nobody looked at me strangely for asking the question... what am I missing? I'm very curious.
    Apparently, cremation is available in SD and Santiago.

WW

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thank you

Thanks guys. I'm glad it's now legal and available.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Apparently, cremation is available in SD and Santiago.

WW
    Only done in SD, but arrangement can be made with Blandino in Santiago. They will pick up the body, take it to SD, handle all the paperwork, and give you the ashes. All you have to do is provide info about the deceased, including the passport, and pay the fee.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

errrrrr it was a gas station they were protesting about- they were worried it might explode near sosua ocean village

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    errrrrr it was a gas station they were protesting about- they were worried it might explode near sosua ocean village
    Not like this. Public manifestation was not against cremation in general but against having a crematorium in our back yard. And original city plans were to build a crematorium. It was said on the wall of the construction site. After the public meeting the picture of Crematorium-Sosua was swiftly painted over with a picture of propane station.

I see I lost the original pics of Crematorium that my friend mailed to me. I will try to recover.

Now it looks like TWO DIFFERENT CONSTRUCTIONS are going on on the site at the same time.

A very strange decision. To build this thing in the middle of a touristic destination. Especially hoy dia with no tourists, clients, buyers, renters, etc. et all.

Willy was asked, but refused to discuss the issue.

Speculations are SOV did not oil some wheels. And is punished with propane station (and crema ?) right next to it. Won`t bring their value and prices up for sure. Even with just one propane only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast