New Form of Booking Frauds

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Heya Fellow Business Owners.
below I copy a Booking Request of some Frauding Idiot which I received this morning.
completely different written to their usual written english.
just so everybody always stays alerted.
lil Edward is using an MSN.com e-mail address
rogsteam47@msn.com
cheers
Mike

Hello,

I want to make a reservation on behalf of my Chinese friends because they can't speak or write good English, They will be coming into your country for their first Pre-Season vacation visit.

They are just two (2) couples
*Mr & Mrs Po Chui Yang (41 and 36yrs)
*Mr & Mrs Fuhua Shirong(44 and 38yrs)

They want you to prepare a 3 days tour package and accommodation for them, They are from Hong Kong and are willing to accept and pay for your offer.
*Arrival Date :1st September, 2010
*Departure Date :7th September, 2010
*Number Of Days : 7
*Number Of Guests : 4

Confirm availability and get back to me with your rates and total cost of your rooms and services, So that i can send you my Credit Card for immediate deposit. Waiting for your reply.

Regards
Edward

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
red flag number one, they are not addressing any particular business, just generic 'dear sir'

I am not sure how this progresses to the scam, but I think they then cancel the reservation and just ask for the credit to be given. Once you give the credit, they are gone with no sign of the original charge.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We get those all the time. When we ask for cash instead of credit card, they disappear.

Another is someone offering to buy an entire tour, FULL payment, cash up front transgerred to our account. They only want 75% in cash back if they cancel.

I smell money laundering.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
red flag number one, they are not addressing any particular business, just generic 'dear sir'

I am not sure how this progresses to the scam, but I think they then cancel the reservation and just ask for the credit to be given. Once you give the credit, they are gone with no sign of the original charge.
The next email will state that because of the language, they need to bring a translator. They want to pay for the translator with a cc then ask you to wire the $$$ to them. The cc has been stolen, but you don't find out until klater..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Isn't there a monstrous thread about this type of scam??? Didn't a couple of poster string one of these guys along for a while???

Like casting for fish,,,,eventually one bites...

HB

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The next email will state that because of the language, they need to bring a translator. They want to pay for the translator with a cc then ask you to wire the $$$ to them. The cc has been stolen, but you don't find out until klater..

exactly that Robert,
or they want to pay with their CC more than the fishing charter Fee to cover costs/comission for their travel agent, so they want you to forward the travel agents Fee while a day later their CC payment to you gets busted due stolen CC's used.
maybe when they try often enough they find some who really forward such payments, I don't know, but they are bothersome buggers, lol.
Mike