Orange Internet in the phone

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Hi

I have been to three different Orange offices and got three different answers about connecting to Internet with the phone...

I have had Orange flex for years. I want to be able to connect to MSN and connect to the Internet. It will be like a "backup Internet" and I won?t need many MB download.

At their website they have something called iFlex. That would be perfect, (https://orange.com.do/web/guest/iphone/tarifas) but yday they told me that that only applies for iPhones. I have an HTC Touch pro2.

Before I heard that I could have the iFlex service, but I have to wait until my contract runs out in November....

I also see a lot of people connecting to MSN without "Planes" just with orange Card. How is that possible?

Does claro has better service?

Please enlight me what to do...

Nov 25, 2008
I also was at Codetel trying to upgrade my plan to include internet; cheapest I found for my needs is about $2,300 unlimited internet service with 230 min

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I have plan control with 120 minutes, and unlimited internet (3GB, and then they choke you down to 128 GB), and pay 1200 something for the internet, and the rest for the minutes... total cc. 1800 rds...

happy?... reasonably... but am waiting for orange and its flex for 4 comps for 2200 rds, and 14mbps

Peter

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Like I said, I don?t need much download. and then also, How do people connect to MSN if they just have orange card? I might try out Claro, I heard they have some plan with Internet for computer and phone.

Well so nobody have Internet via Orange in the phone?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Hi

I have been to three different Orange offices and got three different answers about connecting to Internet with the phone...

I have had Orange flex for years. I want to be able to connect to MSN and connect to the Internet. It will be like a "backup Internet" and I won?t need many MB download.

At their website they have something called iFlex. That would be perfect, (https://orange.com.do/web/guest/iphone/tarifas) but yday they told me that that only applies for iPhones. I have an HTC Touch pro2.

Before I heard that I could have the iFlex service, but I have to wait until my contract runs out in November....

I also see a lot of people connecting to MSN without "Planes" just with orange Card. How is that possible?

Does claro has better service?

Please enlight me what to do...

If you cell phone doesn't provide 3G, then you cannot connect to the Internet. I know that the I-phone that Orange offers with its iFlex plan is a 3G just as we have a Blackberrie 3G to connect via Claro with the Internet.

Don't know anything about how to connect via an Orange card through Internet but suppose thats possible if you have a 3G cell phone and if so that will cost you a fortune.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
If you cell phone doesn't provide 3G, then you cannot connect to the Internet. I know that the I-phone that Orange offers with its iFlex plan is a 3G just as we have a Blackberrie 3G to connect via Claro with the Internet.

Don't know anything about how to connect via an Orange card through Internet but suppose thats possible if you have a 3G cell phone and if so that will cost you a fortune.

Well my phone has 3g, so thats not the issue.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I use one of two ways to connect to the internet: either through the ORANGE network(expensive) or by logging on using a host WIFI(free)

I suspect the folks you see connecting with cards, are connecting to WIFI networks.

So, you are hanging out of you window trying to catch the signal of a WIFI network? :cheeky:

neftali50

Nov 11, 2008
Orange Net custom plans

Firth I recoment to you to go to the Main Orange Office, most of the customer service people don't knows what they're talking about or give you the incorrect information, most of them just learn the basic about the products.

I have the same issue with orange the last year, I just need Internet for chat and receive emails, so my solution was the Orange Net with 25 MB that cost to me $300.00 + itbis and your plan, every month my bill was about $650 pesos that included (chats and emails and my 50 minutes).

or you can start with the 5 MB plan $135.00, if you only goint to use it for chat.. and if that can't give you the bandwith that you need for chating go and upgrade to 25MB or 50MB.... etc...

Here the link to Orange net custom plan: Orange Dominicana ™ - Orange net

About internet with the orange card... my girlfriend used this option with the internet for blackberrys, she pay the internet upfront every month and recharge the minutes with orange card.

Last edited:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Firth I recoment to you to go to the Main Orange Office, most of the customer service people don't knows what they're talking about or give you the incorrect information, most of them just learn the basic about the products.

I have the same issue with orange the last year, I just need Internet for chat and receive emails, so my solution was the Orange Net with 25 MB that cost to me $300.00 + itbis and your plan, every month my bill was about $650 pesos that included (chats and emails and my 50 minutes).

or you can start with the 5 MB plan $135.00, if you only goint to use it for chat.. and if that can't give you the bandwith that you need for chating go and upgrade to 25MB or 50MB.... etc...

Here the link to Orange net custom plan: Orange Dominicana ™ - Orange net

About internet with the orange card... my girlfriend used this option with the internet for blackberrys, she pay the internet upfront every month and recharge the minutes with orange card.

Thanks for the information! Well I went to the "Main office" in Puerto Plata and the guy said the lowest was 550 excl. taxes. Their Internet was down so we could not check... I will have a printout of the page u linked to. Thx.

Can u just connect that plan to yr existing plan whenever u wan? They told me that I have to wait until my contract expires, if I want to keep my number.

Maybe Santiago is better and then hopefully I get a competent person to help me.

neftali50

Nov 11, 2008
Thanks for the information! Well I went to the "Main office" in Puerto Plata and the guy said the lowest was 550 excl. taxes. Their Internet was down so we could not check... I will have a printout of the page u linked to. Thx.

Can u just connect that plan to yr existing plan whenever u wan? They told me that I have to wait until my contract expires, if I want to keep my number.

Maybe Santiago is better and then hopefully I get a competent person to help me.

You can call *555 and request the 5MB or the 25MB Orange Net Plan, that's all you have to do. You don't need wait your contract end you're no going to change an internet plan. They're going to send you a configuration internet file and your cellphone you accept the file and that's it!.. the internet is activated.

Last edited:

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It will depend on wheree you go. I bought n iphone for the mrs last month and got him doen from top spec to general speck to 9000peosos. He actually changed nothing on the phone. Send a Dominican over and I'll eat my undies again if he doen't quater the price.
My last phone I had dome dost my 500peoso and odd I went.
PS, Orange calls are much cheper than Claro.

The best I have dealt with are the orange shop nec to deli hernandez. Even after handing my old phone in he gave me 17.5% discount of others.

The other option is to meet on sype for an hour every few days. Thats free chatter.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
You can call *555 and request the 5MB or the 25MB Orange Net Plan, that's all you have to do. You don't need wait your contract end you're no going to change an internet plan. They're going to send you a configuration internet file and your cellphone you accept the file and that's it!.. the internet is activated.

Just called and I will have it from the 23rd. I asked them at Orange Shop IF I could call 555 and get the service and the anser was "No... Go to the main office"... I guess I should have tried anyway. Anyway thank u and hopefully Internet service in my phone very soon :)

neftali50

Nov 11, 2008
Just called and I will have it from the 23rd. I asked them at Orange Shop IF I could call 555 and get the service and the anser was "No... Go to the main office"... I guess I should have tried anyway. Anyway thank u and hopefully Internet service in my phone very soon :)

You're welcome... what internet plan you choosed?... Like I told you... this customer services people don't even consult their own web site.

Don't forget to request internet configuration file for your htc at the same number *555 when you get it in a SMS accept it.

Last edited:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
You're welcome... what internet plan you choosed?... Like I told you... this customer services people don't even consult their own web site.

Don't forget to request internet configuration file for your htc at the same number *555 when you get it in a SMS accept it.

Just talked to a representant for Orange and got the message that

- Yes, you have the service
- Well I pay for the service but I don?t have the service.
- Ok, then u have to visit one of our offices....
- NOOOOO, I don?t. Ask a colleague. I am, sure it can be activated with an SMS

5 min wait....

- Ok I will send u an SMS with the configuration.
- Great. Thank u.

An hour gone and still no SMS. Whats wrong with these people

I will call again, Hey, I might be lucky finding a good one...

neftali50

Nov 11, 2008
Just talked to a representant for Orange and got the message that

- Yes, you have the service
- Well I pay for the service but I don?t have the service.
- Ok, then u have to visit one of our offices....
- NOOOOO, I don?t. Ask a colleague. I am, sure it can be activated with an SMS

5 min wait....

- Ok I will send u an SMS with the configuration.
- Great. Thank u.

An hour gone and still no SMS. Whats wrong with these people

I will call again, Hey, I might be lucky finding a good one...

That happens to me too! "welcome to dominican republic", what you have to do is call them every 5 min and tell you don't received the internet configuration file SMS that you requested. Check that your cell phone is receiving SMS too.