long delay condo delivery La Estancia Golfresort

Nov 17, 2007
Hi everyone,

January 2007 I signed a sales contract and purchased a condo at La Estancia Golfresort near La Romana and prepaid 100%.
Please don't start with what I shouldn't have done, like prepaying 100% etc.,because then I had my reasons and I will never do this again.

For the last year the building is "practicly" finished and I have photos of flooring,sanitary works,some appliances,etc. done and installed, but still painting,some doors,"servicios",etc. is delayed for months now without any concrete reasons.

checking the contract I see no maximim delay fixed, so my question is if there is a maximum delay by law the company has to respect, or can they indefenitly give me months of delays for many years to come and keep my investment frozen.

Thanks for your help/Edwin/Spain.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Me thinks you do not have any recourse. Perhaps you can step in, and take control of the situation. It might cost you a little, but if it is almost finished, why not finish it yourself.
You must know that the project has been through several ownerships with differing philosophies and capital..I am surprised that things have progress even that much.
But count yourself lucky, that is a beautiful golf course and you should enjoy it for many years, even if your condo is not perfect.

HB

Nov 17, 2007
Hi HB,

That's what I thought!
last summer we came from Spain to see what was going on already and because the condo wasn't ready they had the decency to give us a golf cottage free of charge for 2 weeks as a compensation.

The place is beautifull and it looks unlikly they will stop now if only inside painting,some doors and landscaping is left, but they do not give a clear answer on why the delay.

first time I hear about different owners, do you have that confirmed?
I dealed with a local partner Mr.Avanzini who runs (runned?) La Estancia, but Cignal corp/Mr.Cignareli., and Ital-American seems to be the main man behind everything.

Another thing that worries me if the low occupency/residents and new buildings that they have now, and if Punta Cana would have been a more lively place to do residental tourism.....

For what I understand 90% of you guys live on the north coast anyway right? more fun over there?

thanks for your help!

edwin

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have been around that property with a local guy from La Romana who "knows" everyone. He also has a place there. It was a good buy.

I think you can probably put the low occupancy on the economic crisis the world is going through right now. Disposible income is not that disposible anymore. I am sure it will get better, but slowly...

I am happy that they treated you well..

As for the North Shore, well, I am in Santiago, but the type of retirees onthe North Shore are kind of community oriented people, that get involved in local organizations and they do a lot of good...Unfortunately, there are not a whole lot of golfers or bridge players in the group...and the projects here do not really plan on having golf as a prime attraction, at least IMO...and from what I have seen...

Enjoy La Estancia, it is so beautiful!

HB

Nov 17, 2007
Actually I am not a golf player myself, but the views are beatifull in these places.
Actually we wanted something similar next to the beach and get a small boat but the same size and quality of appartment was not affortable for us in that area.

we checked other condos and they were to small and much poorer quality.
The same housing level we found in Cap Cana or Casa de Campo was too "jet set" and expensive for our taste and budget, s hopefully we made a good choice on the long run.

hard to get a clue of the correct "ambiente" if you just visit once a year.

have a good one/edwin

Nov 17, 2007
Sr.Guzman,

Mand? el contrato a una abogada de SD pero no se molest? en contestarme, seguramente porque solo seri? una verificiacion o consulta y no parecia ser un asunto demasaido rentable para ella.

Me esperar? unos 2 meses m?s para ver si entregan como prometido antes de empezar acciones legales (en el caso de poder hacerlas..), ya que de momento hay todavia buena f? que saldra todo a buen puerto.

Me consulta era mas que nada si por ley hay un plazo maximo de entrega aunque no est? estipulado en el contrato especificamente.

gracias por su tiempo/Edwin/Espa?a

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
En la Rep?blica Dominicana no resulta sensato embarcarse en una operaci?n inmobiliaria sin la asesor?a de un abogado, por las razones que explicamos en nuestra ciberp?gina Guzman Ariza Law Firm in the Dominican Republic

Aun en el caso de que le entreguen, debe Ud. cerciorarse de que su t?tulo de propiedad es v?lido, de que el condominio ha sido bien constituido, etc.; asuntos que exijen el concurso de un abogado versado en la materia.

De todos modos, para su informaci?n, no hay plazo m?ximo de entrega.

Nov 17, 2007
Thanks Chip, but for the moment I will wait out a bit.
seems most of the stuff that still has to be done is landscaping and other community thingsin which I can't participate.
left inside seems painting and doors.
cheers/edwin/spain