Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Juan Luis Guerra Video

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Juan Luis Guerra Video

Dear All,

I would just like to share the new Juan Luis Guerra video with you: La Guagua.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9x_Zmt4S01s&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9x_Zmt4S01s&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

What fantastic lyrics: La guagua va en reversa! Such an expressive way of showing the direction country is going at the moment ( palante que vamos?). I especially like the part with the people in the cinema dancing, watching the reality of their country through 3D glasses. What a great way of criticising the current social and political climate in the DR.

Juan Luis, you are the greatest!

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

i normally dislike merengue/bachata/salsa branding it "music for old farts"
    but this one is good, i like!

Moderator ⚾️ ⭐️
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tropical music of this kind is JLG's best music...

Juan Luis has another winner with this song. I like it and I also like the rhythm. Has anyone noticed the rhythmic similarity to another sister rhythm of tropical music? This is definitely one of JLG's strong points as a musician and artist- fusion of rhythms is what he does so well. The lyrics, well no one should question whether it was written by JLG (or another Dominican) not only because of the social current but the wording, where certain words are placed in the phrases. Very Dominican/ Caribbean Spanish.

Anyway I will check out the whole album and if it's good, I may consider adding it to my list of cds to purchase in 2010. One is already on my list which is "Llmame" by Rauln Rodrguez.

The feedback on Amazon is good. I will listen to the samples and probably end up buying the album. Good music is my inspiration.

Thanks for posting the video!

The countdown is on!

-MP.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

great song. Bachata in Fukuoka and La LLave de mi Corazon are still my favorites at the moment.

i would like to see a guagua in the DR that looks like that

thanks for posting....

Moderator ⚾️ ⭐️
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Go to Panama...

The buses in Panama, aka 'la chiva' look like that and they are old and run down. The new President promised new modern buses at least in Panama City. It will be interesting to see if they do get some or least buses comparable to the city buses in Colombia.

JLG, is an interesting musician/ artist. In my opinion, he does 'soft' versions of the genres he sings. My classic favourites remain as: 'La bilirrubina'- try playing that at a party and see if you find anyone sitting down and 'El costo de la vida', the lyrics just say it all.

I definitely want to hear the whole album. Some new music would be nice since I have really slowed down my purchases over the last four years.

If anyone is looking for a nice collector's album I recommend:

'Grandes xitos de Juan Luis Guerra 4.40'.

-MP.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Greatest artist of all times in the DR. A shame he is not more humble.

Post Thanks / Like

JLG is the best.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Mierda que jevi! Juan Luis hasta bailo un poco! I say that because he rarely dances and he has even said it himself!

poponlaburra

Great video as always, great! It would be perfect if he has a hair transplant and get rid of the hats or just show his baldness.
    Elton John has his hair transplant and looks great! Just a thought.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Great song.

Only thing is it should have been el autobus...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast