Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Love it!!!

This video is hilarious! I love the guagua (aside from wondering every time I step onto one if it'll be my last). Every trip is a new set of characters, dilemas, comedy & drama. I've seen a driver brush his teeth while driving... LOL

I'll bet you could make an amazing TV show or even movie that takes place entirely in a guagua.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I originally posted the video as I was hoping to get a debate going regarding its message and how this relates to current problems and political scandals in the DR. The part that most interests me is with the people who gleefully watch through 3D glasses the reality of their country on a cinema screen. I think Juan Luis Guerra has made a very perceptive and intelligent video that is a great critique on issues his country is facing today. Any thoughts?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd share this great site with you where you can listen to JLG and others.
    Grooveshark - Listen to Free Music Online - Internet Radio - Free MP3 Streaming

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by domilinguist View Post
    I originally posted the video as I was hoping to get a debate going regarding its message and how this relates to current problems and political scandals in the DR. The part that most interests me is with the people who gleefully watch through 3D glasses the reality of their country on a cinema screen. I think Juan Luis Guerra has made a very perceptive and intelligent video that is a great critique on issues his country is facing today. Any thoughts?
    I think most of us got it who saw the video. However, complaining about the political situation is a national pastime here as one can find a whole host of tv shows and webpages doing same so this is just another manefestation. Will it provoke real change? I don't think so. We just need more of the voters of the country to put their personal wants and needs aside and vote for the future of the country. That will take time as the youth of this country are our real hope.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I worry about the youth of the DR... I'm afraid that even if some are willing, they will not have the tools required (ie. education).

Post Thanks / Like

great song. Bachata in Fukuoka and La LLave de mi Corazon are still my favorites at the moment. Thanks you

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In the media

I found some interesting reviews and discussion generated by this song.

Dominican Republic

La guagua va en reversa | Eli Heiliger
    Vargas dice "que la guagua va en reversa" y el PLD no resuelve nada - Hoy Digital

Chile

lanacion.cl: La guagua en reversa

Youtube (Check out this use of the song in Puerto Rico)

YouTube - Fortuño en reversa!

Throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, there have always been an interesting and powerful use of song in criticizing the political situation and personalities. Sometimes so directly and openly when there’s democracy with some merengues and calypso and other genre and sometimes through use of metaphor under totalitarian governments.

I really like this CD, there’s a nice mix on it and the Spanish is more accessible for me.
    Last edited by margaret; 09-25-2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

nice song. Bachata in Fukuoka and La LLave de mi Corazon are still my favorites at the moment. Thanks you!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tocnaza View Post
    nice song. Bachata in Fukuoka and La LLave de mi Corazon are still my favorites at the moment. Thanks you!
    how did you dig this up? the last posting in this thread was almost 9 years ago...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There we go!!!

Nice!

JJ

11. Likes cavok liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12