Is DR1 safe against hackers?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It effects version 3.8.6 we are running 3.8.5 Plus we have another level of our own security that sits on top of vBulletin.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
on the other hand, the original question was rather silly (sorry OP, nothing personal), as nothing is safe against hackers....

A couple of years ago I ran a business-unit with a rather gifted programmer in charge of the computer department... The mother-company invested millions of dollars in new software, and were convinced it could not be cracked... He cracked it in a couple of hours, he meant well, but it nearly costed him his job, as the mother-company did not like him doing it... he still is thankful for my protection... lol....

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Some s-c-u-m-b-a-g unsuccessfully tried to attack me on another site using vBulletin?Version 3.7.4.

Nice try, but no cigar.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
message boards are simply the most vurnerable websites to attack, followed by internet-stores... and this thanks to all kinds of people registrating and visiting...

so this is in no way a negative comment on DR1.... the fact that Robert can say they have not been hacked as yet is commendable...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I never said we have never been hacked :) I said we have not been effected by this latest exploit.

You live and learn, especially when you run your own servers.
They are never 100% safe, you just have to do what you can to minimize the risk.
The only 100% safe option, is to unplug them from the internet :)

May 5, 2007
If you can write it, they will break it

Hell, Google, Microsoft AND the NSA get hacked, it's the response that counts

I never said we have never been hacked :) I said we have not been effected by this latest exploit.

You live and learn, especially when you run your own servers.
They are never 100% safe, you just have to do what you can to minimize the risk.
The only 100% safe option, is to unplug them from the internet :)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Don't know the Hell website personally, but will take your word for it... :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Our internetstores were attacked regularly, and only once, when I released a new one made under joomla, with serious consequences...

Never used an open source again for pro purposes....:squareeye