Car rentals on North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
We are flying into POP next week for a month and wondering which car rental places are recommended. We would probably rent a vehicle for the whole month so looking for reasonable rates. I've seen lots of complaints about rental places but not sure which ones are good.

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
We are flying into POP next week for a month and wondering which car rental places are recommended. We would probably rent a vehicle for the whole month so looking for reasonable rates. I've seen lots of complaints about rental places but not sure which ones are good.

Hi,

I would recommend Enrique Gavilan (fluent in English). He has his car rental in front of Loty in Sosua (Next to dollar store). He brings also cars to the airport. In case you are interested you can mail him to enriquegavilan81@yahoo.it

Br. Bebeto

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Freddy's across from Bailey's I would recommend highly. No BS, or hidden stuff. Freddy speaks English and will meet you wherever you want. I use him all the time for visitors.

cruzan

May 3, 2006
you can also try Universal Car Rental in Sosua..

universalcarrental@hotmail.com

very nice people to work....Diary will set things up for you,,,David [her brother] is in Sosua. He will get the car to you wherever you are,,,Both speak excellent english...I have rented from them numerous times and for an excellent rate.

Dec 21, 2008
I have also used Universal Car Rental in Cabarete. Diary was excellent in emailing me with details while I was still in Canada. David also called me while I was in Canada to confirm specific details. They are very pleasant people to deal with and I would certainly recommend them. We use them each time we are in the area. Vehicles are very clean and in good condition. Rates are very reasonable as well.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Can anyone give us an idea of how much a monthly rental for a small-to-midsize car is?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Our clients use L und I in Sosua. Luis Polanco will meet you at the airport. His charge is $30-35 a day for a small SUV (Rav4, Honda CRV) and includes all insurance. I am not sure what he will do for a month. He is very relliable
809-571-2452

Bob K

Reactions: DRob

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can anyone give us an idea of how much a monthly rental for a small-to-midsize car is?

We rented for the month of January 2010, it came to about $1000 with taxes, etc. I've reserved a car for 2 months next trip, a little over $800 per month, but will probably end up being $1000 each. Avis both times.

AE

Reactions: DRob

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
The outcome

We've ended up using Enrique from Loty Car Rentals. Very good service, excellent prices ($27 per day for SUV including insurance). He speaks English well and will pick you up wherever you are. Thanks for all the advice everyone!

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
Happy to hear you liked the service! I have bought some cars from Enrique and they have been in good condition.

Br. Bebeto

Status
Not open for further replies.