Ode to Ms Kaufman

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
A while ago on this forum, Lindsey Kaufman suggested a good BBQ book by Adam Perry Lang called "Serious Barbecue".

A very, very good cookbook..... a bit costly, but good.

This author has another... BBQ 24... which is a bit less $$$ but has the same stuff.

I find these recipes good for RD b/c they offer brining and marinating solutions to help the poor meat quality problems we suffer from time to time.

Refer to the "Beating or Pounding your meat " thread before it was censored to "Treating your meat" or some other innocuous word.

Same thing applies...... the meat needs manipulation/treatment/handling to get your money's worth.

Some things never change:tired:

What we all really need is a good butcher...... imagine what the increased profit would be for a lowly farmer if he could maximize his kill instead of just hacking away with that cleaver !!!???

Until then.... check out Adam Perry Lang

Thanks again, Ms Kaufman

WW

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
A while ago on this forum, Lindsey Kaufman suggested a good BBQ book by Adam Perry Lang called "Serious Barbecue".

A very, very good cookbook..... a bit costly, but good.

This author has another... BBQ 24... which is a bit less $$$ but has the same stuff.

I find these recipes good for RD b/c they offer brining and marinating solutions to help the poor meat quality problems we suffer from time to time.

Refer to the "Beating or Pounding your meat " thread before it was censored to "Treating your meat" or some other innocuous word.

Same thing applies...... the meat needs manipulation/treatment/handling to get your money's worth.

Some things never change:tired:

What we all really need is a good butcher...... imagine what the increased profit would be for a lowly farmer if he could maximize his kill instead of just hacking away with that cleaver !!!???

Until then.... check out Adam Perry Lang

Thanks again, Ms Kaufman

WW

William,

I could not agree more and Ms Kaufman ( Lindsey ) told me about this before but I was to busy to read the book at the time and then after seeing this I researched the author and you can get the recipes online as well.

Recipes | Adam Perry Lang

Aug 21, 2007
Mr. Webster- I don't know how I missed your post way back in July! Thank you for the kind words. Glad you are enjoying all the good recipes, fun preparations, and good eating, courtesy of Adam Lang.

And Mike- Thanks for the online link to the recipes. Now, others don't need to make the investment in this (big) cookbook!

Lindsey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Bbq 24

This book is not worth buying....I returned and went to Amazon where I was able to buy Serious BBq for less than BBQ 24.

LK - regarding the size... I took that used (like new) book to RD for permanent residency ($13). I t likes living there

Thanks mike.... I too missed your post and am happy to have online recipes.

WW

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i lazily opened the link in post #2 and looked at this recipe: Burgers with Griddled Onions - Adam Perry Lang
it's very elaborate for simple burgers but some things interested me: adding water and worcestershire sauce to the patties (no other spices) and spicy basting butter. so i decided to give it a go.

awesome results. meat for patties was not seasoned apart from water with worcestershire. the patties were then sprinkled with salt and pepper before cooking. on the grill they were brushed with melted butter with garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. the result was very soft and flavoursome meat. delish.

i served the burgers on ciabatta bread, with marinated red onions, fresh rucola, grilled mushrooms, munster cheese, mayo and sun dried tomato ketchup:

aw82th.jpg