Personal Pension Plan

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Does a Personal Pension Plan exist in the Dominican Republic or maybe something whereas you pay monthly payments into a scheme that pays you a lump sum at the completion of a policy?

J&T

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Investment Broker

Does a Personal Pension Plan exist in the Dominican Republic or maybe something whereas you pay monthly payments into a scheme that pays you a lump sum at the completion of a policy?

J&T

Hello,

Check your PM for information

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I believe Universal de Seguros has something. But why bother?

I personally would strongly warn against "investing" your retirement money into "some XYZ company" in a country like this one. Banks have disappeared here and insurance companies and even worse "investment firms" are minimally legislated and much less scrutinized.

The risks are high enough in first world countries, as recent history would have reminded us, and the upside here is ZERO - there is NO advantage or payoff for the heightened risk.

Investing here has the peacefulness of investing in options! :cheeky:
Only do it with money you feel disposable, so disposable that if you'd see the wind take it from your hands, slowly, you marvel at seeing the bills fly away, slightly amused. That's not typical for most's retirement funds!

Some buy land or an apartment in cities with a Dominican bank... voila, there you'd pay a monthly mortgage, and at the end, if it really got built you might have something, worth something. Probably not much more in hard currency... while it may "look" like more in devalued local money.

... J-D.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I believe Universal de Seguros has something. But why bother?

I personally would strongly warn against "investing" your retirement money into "some XYZ company" in a country like this one. Banks have disappeared here and insurance companies and even worse "investment firms" are minimally legislated and much less scrutinized.

The risks are high enough in first world countries, as recent history would have reminded us, and the upside here is ZERO - there is NO advantage or payoff for the heightened risk.

Investing here has the peacefulness of investing in options! :cheeky:
Only do it with money you feel disposable, so disposable that if you'd see the wind take it from your hands, slowly, you marvel at seeing the bills fly away, slightly amused. That's not typical for most's retirement funds!

Some buy land or an apartment in cities with a Dominican bank... voila, there you'd pay a monthly mortgage, and at the end, if it really got built you might have something, worth something. Probably not much more in hard currency... while it may "look" like more in devalued local money.

... J-D.

Not sure what all the rules are but most of the companies are supposed to be collecting money from your pay check and sending to banco popular AFP. They inturn invest the money trying to grow it.
As I said don't know all the in's and out's
Might get more info here
AFP Popular