B?isbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyCaldwell

Jul 3, 2010
Hello again,
My boyfriend is a huge baseball fan and a lot of his favorite players are Dominican. Is there anywhere to watch some baseball on the north coast in September? He's interested in going to the Cubs facility in the DR. Anyone know where that is? Looking for some baseball-related suggestions. My favorite Dominican baseball player is Starlin Castro. He's only 20 and it's his rookie year and his first at-bat in the Major League he hit a home run!
Thanks for your help!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Don't forget to swing by the Boathouse,for a Presidente!!

Hello again,
My boyfriend is a huge baseball fan and a lot of his favorite players are Dominican. Is there anywhere to watch some baseball on the north coast in September? He's interested in going to the Cubs facility in the DR. Anyone know where that is? Looking for some baseball-related suggestions. My favorite Dominican baseball player is Starlin Castro. He's only 20 and it's his rookie year and his first at-bat in the Major League he hit a home run!
Thanks for your help!

They are in....are you ready for this?..........Boca Chica, ahh......no wonder why they haven't won a World Series in like a gazillion years, ......The curse of Boca Chica...........(think....curse of Babe Ruth, with The Boston Red Sox).......Oh well there's always next year..............or the year after....or the.........ENJOY..........:glasses:

EmilyCaldwell

Jul 3, 2010
LOL. Very true. Very very true. The Cubs have the longest championship drought in SPORTS HISTORY. (Not just baseball). My boyfriend is a die-hard though, as most are. Looked up Boca Chica and I'm not terribly keen on going there. Oh well.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Sorry ....Red Sox fan..............

LOL. Very true. Very very true. The Cubs have the longest championship drought in SPORTS HISTORY. (Not just baseball). My boyfriend is a die-hard though, as most are. Looked up Boca Chica and I'm not terribly keen on going there. Oh well.

Somehow, I had a feeling you might say that. Boca Chica is not THAT BAD, It gets a bad rap, It's all about info, you will be fine, open your mind, and your heart, and you will be good. (common sense goes a long way).............:glasses: PS...I love Boca Chica.......I've always had fun there.......hmmmmm........come to think of it I've always had fun wherever I have gone! ya gotta do it............

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Self Promotion.........

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gj6pbKO2tzg&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gj6pbKO2tzg&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here is a little vid I just put together.......Turn up the music!!....(just kiddin, I did this a couple of months ago)........

Reactions: Tamborista

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
There are lots of local games going on. If you are coming in September then you are a bit early for the Dominican Baseball league.

Mar 2, 2008
There are baseball fields in Puerto Plata, Cabarette, and Sosua, and there are always games being played, some with some very talented young players.

The games in Sosua can be watched from the side lines for no cost. It's fun to stop by and see those kids playing some pretty good ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.