yes, I know, it is about dogs again...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
found these incredible pics from a competition organised by our Hungarian friends...

these dogs are athletes and fashion-conscious...

6a00d83451b05569e20133ef57d206970b-900wi.jpg

6a00d83451b05569e20133ef57d192970b-900wi.jpg

euhmm... what does this have to do with the DR... let me think and come up with something real fast... got it...

we will be organising a beach-competition next year with demo's of some world-champions in order to promote the sport here...

good enough, Robert???
muis.gif

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Do you work with any agency in the RD that promotes animal welfare?

I found a group in Santo Domingo that does some work, but I have not yet made contact with them.

Also, just wondering, what is the rate of rabies in the DR? Would a worthwhile endeavor be a rabies vaccination clinic? I worked with an agency that conducted clinics in the United States when I was a teenager, and was wondering if there might be a need for this here? I might even be able to write a couple of grant requests to see if we could get funding, if there is a documented need.

(And now, this is a DR related thread.)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Do you work with any agency in the RD that promotes animal welfare?

I found a group in Santo Domingo that does some work, but I have not yet made contact with them.

Also, just wondering, what is the rate of rabies in the DR? Would a worthwhile endeavor be a rabies vaccination clinic? I worked with an agency that conducted clinics in the United States when I was a teenager, and was wondering if there might be a need for this here? I might even be able to write a couple of grant requests to see if we could get funding, if there is a documented need.

(And now, this is a DR related thread.)

we regularly do free demo's for animal welfare organisations... as far as rabies is concerned in the DR, I know this is the one and real oniculation they check on arrival... but do not know what the real danger is here, but will find out for you...

as far as animal-welfare groups are concerned, I can bring you into contact with the 3 major ones in SD, but pm me for this...

I know one in Santiago, but again pm....

And there is of course Judy's petlodge in Sosua, plenty of info to be found on this board... or pm WB...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The government has free rabies vaccination for dogs and cats all year long. They have just finished an outreach program due to an outbreak of human rabies down south.

I just saw the agility of these dogs yesterday. Impressive does not convey the intelligence and wonderful companionship of Acira and her mates.

Acira came to me with her toy, saying in perfectly intelligible dog speakl: Hey play time!

Not even a big league pitcher could tire her out!! What a beautiful companion...

HB