Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Development in Cabarete

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question New Development in Cabarete

Just east of the Cabarete East Condominiums site a large portion of beachfront property was prepped for a development called La Palmeras de Cabarete. The Developpers have now sold the land to another developper who is planning something les grandiose than the La Palmeras plans. They have moved in some trailers for the workers on the land now.
    Does anyone know the name of the new project and have a website to give me??? Or does anyone know what they are planning and for when.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The land was not re-sold. The developers are the same people; they realized that their original plans were not realistic for the area and they brought in a new marketing and design team. Very pleasant guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this one of the Russian mafia sites??? Am hearing a lot about Russian bad boys moving on "native" businesses...

Shame...too bad they all have diplomatic passports!! Should shoot 'em, before they multiply..

HB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Is this one of the Russian mafia sites??? Am hearing a lot about Russian bad boys moving on "native" businesses...

Shame...too bad they all have diplomatic passports!! Should shoot 'em, before they multiply..

HB
    None of the names or CV's are Russian on their website.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Brown's interest in the Dominican Republic began in 2006 when he and a few partners acquired the beachfront property near Cabarete. Recently he acquired a 100% controlling interest in the property

Ssurf, From their website... This could be the ownership change referred to by the op.

HB, no Russians involved at all that I'm aware of.

Nice piece of land they have but on rough ocean water. I wish 'em success but I don't share the vision that buyers exist for so many new 2 & 3 bedroom expensive oceanfront units.
    Cabarete does need and could support a nice hotel or two with tour contracts to each bring 300-400 new tourists in every week, instead of all the condos. That would be nice, to replace loss of azurro, punta goleta, camino del sol hotels, etc.

What a difference even 100 tourists more on the beach at night makes in this little town.
    Last edited by CFA123; 07-25-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Outside of town vs in town

I can't help but think that this is the void that Gran Cabanna Cabarete is trying to fill. Their website says they will link their existing property to the beach via a pedestrian overpass and have waterfront homes, beach club, restaurant, etc.

Add this to the old Windsurf property, add the over sixty new units they are struggling to build--all of which seem to have lock-off units that are in fact designed to accommodate the tour operators' needs for smaller rooms, and you seem to have the equivalent of a condo-hotel right in town.

With no need for the guests to be transported into town, why isn't this a winning concept? or is it and it just needs time for the economy to catch up to it again?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    None of the names or CV's are Russian on their website.

Looks like an ownership duel to me.... or the others got cold feet.... who cares?
    New man seems to have deep pockets..... if you believe what you read about him.

Time will tell..... starting construction now??
    Brave, rich.....omniscient... forward thinker

anybody want to add other adjectives ??

WW

In all honesty, some very smart operators move forward in times like this.... use slow/down times to their advantage.

Four Seasons for one example refurbs their properties in the slow time.... witness Casa de Campo

Again.... time will tell
    Last edited by william webster; 07-25-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Brainwave

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

abe,
    perhaps. i don't know what their mix of 2 bedroom/1 bedroom/studios is there... or if they hope to contract with some tour companies to have a weekly charter plane load of tourists coming in... i doubt it since they're selling individual units.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CFA123 View Post
    abe,
    perhaps. i don't know what their mix of 2 bedroom/1 bedroom/studios is there... or if they hope to contract with some tour companies to have a weekly charter plane load of tourists coming in... i doubt it since they're selling individual units.
    Most new units now have the "hotel rent" addendum

You simply block off your time and hope the rent-out portions pay you well

WW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast