Michael Jackson Tribute Night‏ at Sosua Ocean Village on Friday, 30th July

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
We received an invitation to this event but sadly can?t go.
The event is run by the Emily Watson School of Dance and after seeing her last couple of productions, I guarantee, it will be a night to remember.
The venue itself is next to the restaurant at Sosua Ocean Village.
It's free to get in; I believe there are quizzes and prizes alike.
I hope you all have a great evening; sorry we can't make this one.

J&T

Aug 21, 2007
I have been to other Emily Watson events. It's kind of fun. See lots of family type of people for a change. Some people come early and order dinner ahead of time. Others come, have a beverage and enjoy the show. It's a great way to meet wholesome people and families.

And the show is always good and fun.

I recommend!

Lindsey

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Anyone know if this will be mostly gringo/gringa students of Emily Watson or some local Dominican dancers as well? A 'professional' level performance would be fun to see. If it's a bunch of kids with two left feet putting on a show for their parents, I'll pass!

Aug 21, 2007
Well, then maybe this is not for you, CFA123. Emily and her husband usually dance and they are very good. There are other gringo adult dancers who are good. Each to his cup of tea.

Lindsey

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm only going to say this once so there is no confusion. Any opinions on Michal Jackson will be deleted quickly.

Read the first post and understand what this is about.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
There will be a Michael Jackson impersonator (very high standard) with professional dancers backing him, a Michael Jackson quiz with prizes and some performances from some of the students of the school. The last MJ show was enjoyed by everyone, so much so that Emily has been asked to produce another one. It's aimed at all age groups, as was the appeal of MJ's msic!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have seen a number of allegedly top quality 'professional' shows where the participants are earning mega $$$$ and they don't compete with the quality and enthusiasm shown by semi-professionals and amateurs who are keen and dedicated to making a show something for people to enjoy and remember.

I think your 'qualifying of the performers' may mean that you miss out on an excellent evening's entertainment CFA123 - just wish we were a little closer and therefore able to attend to see the performance by Emily Watson's Dance School and their professional colleagues.

Hope it goes well as am sure it will.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
My vision from one of the earlier posts was that it would be a presentation by a bunch of dance students to show off their 'skills' to friends/family. Sort of like an amateur piano recital - painful!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HHkoEv3J84E&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HHkoEv3J84E&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

However, feedback here & from a couple of people I've spoken to make it pretty clear it should be a good show. I'll keep it on my list of options for Friday night ;)

Last edited: