British Woman Found Dead

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Im hearing rumours about a woman that disappeared from a hotel in Sosua. She missed her flight home and nobody could find her apparantly. She should of flown back to UK last Monday I believe.

Anyway, today I hear something about police finding a body near Cabarete. Is this true or just rumours? Could the body be this woman???

Last edited by a moderator:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
when you have facts then post, specualtions aren't happening here.

Closed

Local news reports that the body of Denise D Courtnay, a British citizen of approximately 60 yrs of age was discovered in the El Rocon area outside of Cabarete on Monday. The body appeared to have been there for some time.

The article says the deceased was a resident of Sosua, owning 3 apartments there. Her most recent arrival in DR was July 5th. She had been scheduled to leave last Monday.

The deceased was said to have a history of seeking and only socializing with police and military personnel, in order to feel more secure.

Her body has been transported to Santiago for autopsy. An investigation is under way.

HALLAN EN ESTADO DE PUTREFACCION UNA CIUDADANA BRITANICA EN CABARETE

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
After I had posted the link to the newspaper article (which confirms the sad death) at 19:19 hrs
Puerto Plata Digital

donP
Perhaps newspaper articles are considered "speculation" here in this country!
Guess you need to do more sleuthing before posting. ;) lol

The deceased was said to have a history of seeking and only socializing with police and military personnel, in order to feel more secure.
Getting too close to the action can get you caught in the crossfire.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

donP

Dec 14, 2008
QA in EL

If Denise owned three apartments here (as mentioned in online news articles) there must be people who knew her.

I came across a photo of a handsome woman from East London who may picture the deceased.
(I know you Wud...)

donP

samr

Jul 27, 2010
Family Request

The lady you refer to is my aunty and her family are extremely worried, with very little news from the police in DR and UK. If you have any factual information please contact me.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
my point is - there is a link to a woman on one post who may not in fact be dead, that could be distressing to anyone that knows her

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The lady you refer to is my aunty and her family are extremely worried, with very little news from the police in DR and UK. If you have any factual information please contact me.

Hi, sorry to hear this. Can you please tell us if the lady in this link is your Aunt.

If not we'll remove it from this thread

Last edited:

samr

Jul 27, 2010
yes...

Yes that is my aunt in the link. We have been intouch with interpol who only told us yesterday no news and now this. although it is a horrible way to learn this news, I am grateful that I did. My spanish is poor but I understand the reports and now need to speak with the correct persons. She may of been a colouful woman but no one deserves this and she considered DR her home.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
samr I am very sorry for your loss. Can I suggest your first point of call should be the British embassy and they can get all the information for you.

The normal phone number is 809 472 7111, but if you get fed up with going around in circles then call the emergency number on 829 726 0753

Matilda

Besone

Jul 27, 2010
Hi all
As per Samr blog, any additional infomation or confirmation would be appreciated, I am her sister and am very anxious to hear What is the truth and what is not.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Yes that is my aunt in the link. We have been intouch with interpol who only told us yesterday no news and now this. although it is a horrible way to learn this news, I am grateful that I did. My spanish is poor but I understand the reports and now need to speak with the correct persons. She may of been a colouful woman but no one deserves this and she considered DR her home.

I am so very sorry for your loss and the dreadful way you had to find out about it. I am going to pm you my phone number in the UK. I normally live in the DR but am in the UK at present. I will put you in touch with the OIC, if your Spanish is not good I will help you.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Hi, sorry to hear this. Can you please tell us if the lady in this link is your Aunt.

If not we'll remove it from this thread

Thanks Anna for the I.D. to help the family, but now it has been done, do you think the link could be removed by either you or another Mod before the Press pick it up, especially the UK press that are lethal and destructive and also to prevent further distress to the family, as this thread/site may be their only point of contact for the present time