I need a well connected Immigration lawyer now!!!!!

citimq2

Jun 20, 2010
Short but sweet:

Wife Dominican, USCIS has her on record as overstayed in 2005 which Immigration screwed up and didn't update records on her exit. We have proof with boarding pass and I-94.

B1/B2 Visa was confiscated by DR Immigration when she was refused entry back in 2005 on a return trip to USA.

5 years later and now married for just under a year, we have a I-130 in the works that is pending denial due to the overstay on the system which is false....

My wife is 31 weeks pregnant with my daughter and I DON'T want to have the baby here. We are in Santiago and the hospitals here,,, OMG!!!

we have been trying for weeks to get a replacement visa but she does not qualify for a new visa because the I-130 is in pending status.

Now the kicker, I'm being relocated to Bangalore India for work and I can't take my wife because of the "overstay" The embassy wont even give my wife a transit visa (C-1). I'm screwed!!! I have been out of work for over a year now barley surviving in Santiago and finally got the job of my dreams and contemplating not going, I can't leave my wife and step son behind.

The Immigration system is all screwed up and I've just about had it. Now I see why the workers are behind 2 inches of solid bullet proof glass!!!!!

Don

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
iF YOU HAVE BOARDING PASS AND THE i-94 STUB you should not be having problems. the airlines have all of the data and can certainly be of help.

As for having the baby here, except for her not being able to become the US president (but she could become the DR president) there is nothing wrong with have her borne here. I have had, humm, let me count: 4 +3 +2+1=10 of my children and grand children born here...C-section and normal births...

Take your job!! I am sure we can work something out!!!

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Santiago has great hospitals and medical care. I've had two daughters born here by cesarean and one in the US.

Also, don't use ANY Dominican lawyers for US immigration or you will be broke and sorry. There are a whole host of them in Florida.

Finally, I had problems with my wifes record at USCIS when we lived in the States so I know they can mess it up. It would be worth getting your representative involved and also talking with a supervisor at USCIS.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Also, don't use ANY Dominican lawyers for US immigration or you will be broke and sorry. There are a whole host of them in Florida.
This is excellent advice. There folks prey on the unknowing and desperate.

Feb 7, 2007
We have proof with boarding pass and I-94.

Well, the prblem and issue here is that you SHOULD NOT have I-94. I94's are handed over at the gate when leaving the U.S. Most times check-in agents staple the I94 with the boarding pass (main portion, the one which the airline keeps). Anyway, I94 is RETURNED to CBP at the time you leave USA. When leaving by land (to Canada) the I-94 is handed over to Canadian Immigration Agent (who will return it to the US officials).

Back in the days before I had US residency I know I was all too careful that I94 was properly removed and left at the gate.

You may want to read this:
I did not turn in my I-94 when I left the U.S., what should I do?
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752

That website information was updated 05/06/2010 so it's the most recent information and procedure. You may want to Fedex the documents for recorded delivery.

Last edited: