Complaints about Politur - Cabarete/Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Kabarete.com reports that several call-in complaints by businessmen in Cabarete to the show "Midday with Daniel Mercado" have been lodged against Politur and the way they conduct themselves in Cabarete and Sosua.

Among the complaints
* Politur demands food and money from local businesses
* Politur condones the activities of those who attempt to swindle foreigners
* Poltur is not working to improve the situation with young Haitian and Dominican children working/begging in the streets and on the beaches
* Politur is allowing prostitution, thus contributing to the crimes associated with it

The callers place some of the blame for decreases in tourists on the lack of Politur officers doing their job. They stressed that the top brass of Politur has done a good job, but that his minions are not following his example.

Denuncian actitud muestran agentes de POLITUR en Sos?a y Cabarete

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Top Brass take payoffs on a weekly and monthly basis from almost every business there. and the illegal and unlicensed pay more.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Kabarete.com reports that several call-in complaints by businessmen in Cabarete to the show "Midday with Daniel Mercado" have been lodged against Politur and the way they conduct themselves in Cabarete and Sosua.

Among the complaints
* Poltur is not working to improve the situation with young Haitian and Dominican children working/begging in the streets and on the beaches
* Politur is allowing prostitution, thus contributing to the crimes associated with it

The callers place some of the blame for decreases in tourists on the lack of Politur officers doing their job. They stressed that the top brass of Politur has done a good job, but that his minions are not following his example.

This is a good step - and perhaps really the start of getting a consensus on what is actually beneficial for tourism. If the local businesses want the tourists to come there then they need to support the Politur more than the crooks are supporting them.

That is just logical, no?

If the game is to rip off the tourists -- well, they are going to stop coming.

Once again - it would be great to hear that someone is pressing up against CONANI and the central government to take care of the kids on the street.

What does a Politur guy make? 5000? 8000?

Among the complaints

Among the complaints
* Politur demands food and money from local businessesWhats wrong with an officer or 2 sitting down for a bite to eat, The lowlifes will generally stay away when they know that police officers frequent the establishment. Happens in every city in the world.
* Politur condones the activities of those who attempt to swindle foreignersWhere is the proof on this??? Or is this some disgruntled person who didnt like the way he or she recieved services?
* Poltur is not working to improve the situation with young Haitian and Dominican children working/begging in the streets and on the beachesThey are the POLICE not UNICEF, The police arrest the bad guys, would you like the police to round these kids up and ship them back to their country?? I personally would like that but then most of you guys would be up in arms saying the police are brutal, Homeless children are not the job of the police.
* Politur is allowing prostitution, thus contributing to the crimes associated with itWhat crimes are you reffering to? Some guy waking up and his wallet missing?? Play you pay!!!

I personally think the Politur in Sosua and Caberette are very profesional and are genuinely decent guys for the most part. Yes, I don't like some of them personally and others are good friends but I have never seen politur breaking the law!!! Policia Nacional is another story altogether.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Among the complaints
* Politur demands food and money from local businessesWhats wrong with an officer or 2 sitting down for a bite to eat, The lowlifes will generally stay away when they know that police officers frequent the establishment. Happens in every city in the world.
* Politur condones the activities of those who attempt to swindle foreignersWhere is the proof on this??? Or is this some disgruntled person who didnt like the way he or she recieved services?
* Poltur is not working to improve the situation with young Haitian and Dominican children working/begging in the streets and on the beachesThey are the POLICE not UNICEF, The police arrest the bad guys, would you like the police to round these kids up and ship them back to their country?? I personally would like that but then most of you guys would be up in arms saying the police are brutal, Homeless children are not the job of the police.
* Politur is allowing prostitution, thus contributing to the crimes associated with itWhat crimes are you reffering to? Some guy waking up and his wallet missing?? Play you pay!!!

I personally think the Politur in Sosua and Caberette are very profesional and are genuinely decent guys for the most part. Yes, I don't like some of them personally and others are good friends but I have never seen politur breaking the law!!! Policia Nacional is another story altogether.

Badpiece, they do their job more or less, but if you think most don't profit from nefarious deeds, I believe your mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.