Sosua Digital Cable...any feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Still waiting in Cabarete for the digital boxes to be offered, just curious what the extra 200 or so channels offer.

I'm "hoping" for some more English language channels AND that some of the English language programming that's been dubbed in Spanish have English subtitles or a 2nd audio track in English. Am I going to be disappointed?

Also, any difference in quality on a high def tv versus the non-digital?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Still waiting in Cabarete for the digital boxes to be offered, just curious what the extra 200 or so channels offer.

I'm "hoping" for some more English language channels AND that some of the English language programming that's been dubbed in Spanish have English subtitles or a 2nd audio track in English. Am I going to be disappointed?

Also, any difference in quality on a high def tv versus the non-digital?

Have not heard when they will add the extra channels but if you don't get the digital box you will not be able to watch any cable at all ( Reportedly ).

Best to call Delancer 809 571 3734 or 809 587 2431

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
We have the same change over happening in POP. However these IDIOTS don't have enough boxes available so we wait and wait. And the old service doesn't get supported anymore. Where we used to have 114 channels (more or less) now we have about 60 and it seems more disappear every day. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Feb 7, 2007
Too true windeguy. I was recently to an undisclosed (large) city in Cibao. They had about 20 channels with the Dish N. "screensaver" on them. At least they should figure out how to turn off screensavers (on those DN301 and 311 boxes it's quite easy).
While they pay their legal "subscription" everything is OK. Channels start to disappear when they "forget to pay". Some are so cheapo though that will use FTA boxes with bins to run signal to the street, instead of a full $30 monthly subscription per box that does not go down.

There are some channels, though, that cable companies really HAVE to pay for or not have them. ESPN is one of them. I have seen cases in small cities where ESPN got pirated and didn't last more than a week. Somehow those people "know". So if a channel is pirated, more likely the signal provider does not care that much. For those that DO care, their signals are 100% legal and cable operators do not have them if they do not pay.

DN, DirecTV, Sky and Amazonas (Telefonica) are all used in the DR as a "source" of programming. How on earth do you think you could get 100 channels for 500 pesos per month?

Status
Not open for further replies.