Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punta Cana Condo rental

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Punta Cana Condo rental

I am interested in anyone's experience with the purchase and rental of a condo. What are the hidden costs. What are the troubles? Do people socialize within the condo? I don't have any particular one in mind. Just trying to learn the ins and outs of condo living.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We purchased our condo in the middle of construction so it took some time for people to move in and for the place to come alive. Now there is a activity but not too much, which is exactly what we were looking for, and the reason we bought in a smaller complex. We have made very good friends there but there are others that we have not talked to yet.

It did seem like a never ending list of items when we were getting our place ready for rental, but we also wanted to make sure it was fully stocked so our guests were comfortable. We went through four rental companies before we found the company that we are using and we have been very happy with for a year now. My suggestion if you are looking to purchase is to rent a few nights in the complex that you are looking to buy. To avoid the never ending list you may want to look at a furnished unit. If it is an established rental they should have records of the rental income.

It really is up to you. You get out of it what you put into it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We rented a condo in Cocotal for 2 months. It was a great experience. In that particular area hardly anyone spoke english so it was difficult to make close friends. The condo and the use of the Melia property was great including the evening entertainment. But there was a lot of "hiking" involved. For that particular condo a car should of been a must but because of the comments on this site I was afraid to rent one. I now believe that a lot of those comments were just hype! Groceries were a long distance but I used the Gwagwa (local bus) to get them. The people were all friendly and we did not have any problems.

Hope this helps.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you mind giving the name of the complex you bought in? Is it normal to have privileges at a property if that property (such as Melia) own the condo's. So much to learn I don't know where to start.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

We bought in El Dorado through remax 4 years ago during the construction phase. All was handled well. we furnished it and rented it out using remax for the property managment. Now we use it ourselves and often we are here.
    I dont want to rent it only because we are here so often are and sick of the resort scene. For the time we rented it out, it went well, no worries at all.
    I am here now, and loving it, we cant imagine staying anywhere but our own place.
    Robbie

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Our there very many americans in your complex? How far from the beach are you? Do you find everything you need near by or do you have a car?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

we are 300 meters from the beach, around Los corales max 10 min walk, if we could get straight through via a path, about 3 min, but not possible at this time. not many english speaking here, mostly spanish, my spanish is minimal and now that I'm here i find its importance on a higher level than when staying in a resort. I rent a car, wouldnt be without one. Driving here is an adventure, eyes on all directions always. But, its necessary.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I should have mentioned you can find most of what you need right here, right down to a laundromat!!! But, the better prices are a 5-10 min drive. most servcies you need are here or you can walk. i see they are just opening a money exchange here too. We have restaurants, stores, bars, bakery/cafe,
    cellular store, everything within walking distance. Lots of complexes within the immediate area to keep them busy. So, you could get by without a car if thats what you prefer.

Post Thanks / Like

Recently, I bought a 1 bedroom condo in Cortecito. The condo was completely furnished and already setup for rental. It is about 7 minutes from the beach. It seems that there are always people around for socializing. If you have a good real estate agent, you should not have any hidden costs.

From my research, to be successful with a rental condo in DR, you must have a good property manager to look after the place and you must have good advertising to get good rentals. It is better to have transportation such as moped or car. Although, you could get by without transportation.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I rented an apartment in El Dorado for 7 months last year... We were under contract for 7 months. We had all in writing, that we would get our deposit back... When we left the apartment they refused to give it back to us... We have repeatedly gone back there and they are either no where to be found, or say we can't have it because we left too early (when they knew the day we rented the apartment the date we were leaving). The electric is a joke. It would go out, and then we would get a huge bill, we think the people next to us were tied into our bill... Just be prepared for stress and headaches if you go to El Dorado.... wish we could get all that money back...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast