Us Government contoling $

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
I have friends and myself who get pensions and social security checks from the states and the US Government. Now we can not go to Ruso and other change house and cash our checks. The us Governments and the banks will no longer except any moneys on checks except through another bank. This is telling me that the US Gov thinks us expats are all drug king pins, terrorists, and avoiding the IRS. Somewhere we have lost freedom to control our lives and to spend our money. I can wait not 60 days for a regular bank to clear my check and pay the exchange rate too If anyone knows how to get around this please advise me.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I have friends and myself who get pensions and social security checks from the states and the US Government. Now we can not go to Ruso and other change house and cash our checks. The us Governments and the banks will no longer except any moneys on checks except through another bank. This is telling me that the US Gov thinks us expats are all drug king pins, terrorists, and avoiding the IRS. Somewhere we have lost freedom to control our lives and to spend our money. I can wait not 60 days for a regular bank to clear my check and pay the exchange rate too If anyone knows how to get around this please advise me.

My casa de cambio has changed their regulations due to the new US policies - so that I now have to make out my checks (on my US bank) to myself - rather than the name of the casa de cambio. Ask yours if they will accept that and then you can have it deposited into a US account (easy to open with your SS number) and write a check on that .

Wachovia in Talks Over Alleged Drug-Money Laundering - WSJ.com

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004

my checks go directly to banco popular,direct deposit,both ss and retirement checks....i have no problems,I take out dollars and exchange them at highest rate,no hastle....
whats the problem?????
bob

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
my checks go directly to banco popular,direct deposit,both ss and retirement checks....i have no problems,I take out dollars and exchange them at highest rate,no hastle....
whats the problem?????
bob

Direct deposit in Banco Popular in the USA or in the DR?