Can i buy school supply online and have delivered to Tamboril, Santiago?

chicataina

Apr 14, 2010
Hello,
I would like to buy school supplies for 3 children in Tamboril. I will be traveling there this summer but don't want to bring on the luggage. Does anyone know if I can purchase the supplies from a store in DR online and have it shipped to a house in Tamboril or picked up at the store?

I don?t want to send the money because I am certain it will not be spent on school supplies.

Thank you

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Hello,
I would like to buy school supplies for 3 children in Tamboril. I will be traveling there this summer but don't want to bring on the luggage. Does anyone know if I can purchase the supplies from a store in DR online and have it shipped to a house in Tamboril or picked up at the store?

I don?t want to send the money because I am certain it will not be spent on school supplies.

Thank you

Even if you found a store with Internet purchasing here in the D.R., which I highly doubt, I would strongly recommend NOT using your local (your home country) credit card to make the purchase. You would be opening the door to a lot of credit card theft that would be very unpleasant.

maaron1

Feb 5, 2010
wow, glad I read this post. so you're saying not to use my credit card while on vacatin?

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I just send an extra RD1000 for a full salon treatment for mom then she looks good enough to get the little one her supplies. Then there is RD300 for round trip cab fair to downtown Santiago ( can't be seen in a publico with new hair and nails ). Then there is RD400 for the "McDonalds store" as the little one calls it. Since she is near the farmacia it must be her turn to pay for grannies medicine RD700.

2 uniforms, shoes, supplies, ect.. RD1400. School 1st month RD1000. Total RD4800.

It would cost me much more if i was there this month. It is amazing how the shopping cart gets full when i am attached to it.

I do not know your relationship with your 3 school kids and family. I suggest sending some money for the kids. If the money does not go towards uniforms and supplies then when you get there buy them yourself. If you can't afford a double hit then send nothing. I have learned over the years the kids will get the supplies and uniforms somehow.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
wow, glad I read this post. so you're saying not to use my credit card while on vacatin?

There have been many previous posts where people vacationing here have had their credit card numbers used without their authorization. It also seems that if you are living here in the D.R. and have a local Visa, etc, they won't mess with them, only the cards from another country.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you are here before 17 August when school starts you can do the shopping yourself with the kids over a La Sirena and make a day of it.
I would never contemplate shipping school supplies here, especially for poorer folks who do not have accounts at EPS or Business Mail or CPS...Not worth the hassle...buy them here and figure that the little extra that it might cost you s just the shipping charge and the savings of hassle...

He!!, make a day of it and watch the smiles!!

HB

Reactions: Lucille