Brittania Bar, Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayman

Jan 23, 2010
Please give an update on Britannia Bar, since new owners took over, Same good food? same staff? still a popular spot with locals and expats?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Please give an update on Britannia Bar, since new owners took over, Same good food? same staff? still a popular spot with locals and expats?

It's not quite the same without Ted behind the bar telling war stories.

Mar 2, 2008
Ray and Sue are doing a great job, and except for Ted, the staff is the same as it was with Paul. The food is very good, with basically the same menu as before.

I enjoy the Britannia very much, and generally I eat there once or twice during the week. They also have a great happy hour, and daily specials.

By the way, if anyone wants to visit with Ted, he is working behind the bar at Pedro McMurphy's.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I think the place has actually improved since the new owners have taken over. Food is a tad better and improved menu. Wings on Wed. nite are terrific and a bargin at 99 pesos. The place seems more "alive" these days.
Most definitly the coldest presidente in town.

Bob K

Reactions: mike l

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I had breakfest there last week, the food is always good, and the prices are very fair.

bayman

Jan 23, 2010
Thanks for all updates, it is a favorite spot of mine when I am in town.
Also good to know where Ted is these days

web

Nov 5, 2005
My first and last experience was for lunch. Mouth watering for the menu advertised Genoa Salami sandwich. When it came was Productos Sosua salami on a hotdog bun. Not impressed.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Glad to see Ray is doing OK. In my short communication with him it seemed he was being very realistic and had what it takes to suceed.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
No Bernie is not the chef and I don't know who is but they do a fantastic breakfast whoever they are!!!!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Any idea whatever happened to him, last I spoke with him he was speaking of opening a fish and chip shop somewhere in town. Guess he did move on as expected then.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I had a steak and mushroom pie there a few weeks ago....absolutely fantastic. The cook is Dominican and has been there for a long time. I really thought that the cook was English as it is very difficult to master the perfect English pie pastry....but he sure as hell did! They have different pies every Monday, well worth a try!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Any idea whatever happened to him, last I spoke with him he was speaking of opening a fish and chip shop somewhere in town. Guess he did move on as expected then.

You know the saying "speak of the devil and up he'll pop"? Well just as I was closing up my office on friday, along came Bernie!
Apparently he is doing some work building websites, still the same old Bernie. I have his new phone number so if anyone wants to contact him you can pm me!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I'm planning a trip to Sosua for a week sometime soon and so it will be more entertaining if I just land there out of the blue. Do you know if eegle has gone back yet this year, I think he usually pops back to Norway around May, but he was talking about buying a place behind the old Campo bar (be interesting to see what happened with all that after ale talk) so maybe he's decided to hang around longer.
If I get held up I'll drop you a line to get Bernies number from you, cheers!

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
Ted is no longer there, so I?m not going. I go to Pedro McMurphys to hear the war stories...So I?m glad Ted found a new job so quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.