Locations of Gyms/Fitness around Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdr

Jul 27, 2010
I plan to come to Cabarete from November through December, and wanted to know if there were any fitness centers in/around the area.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Jessica

Aug 21, 2007
WOW, at those prices, if US dollars, it's a wonder anybody joins. It's a fraction of that here in US.

Certainly not priced for Dominicans, I'll have to ask my nieces and nephews what they pay in SD.

AE

For those of us who join for a year, there is a break. I guess they are trying to make the most of the tourist dollars. I can't blame them, either. It can be hard for local businesses that deal with the tourist industry to make a good go of it.

Having said that, I can find no better place than here to use the natural environment for exercise- walking /running the beach, kite surfing, wind boarding, surfing, running, horseback riding, swimming, bicycle riding. It's all available for everyone to enjoy.

Lindsey

Lindsey

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
There are two older gyms in Sosua...about a 10 minute drive from the center of Cabarete. The newer of the two is called D'Luis, and charges 100 pesos (about $2.75) for the day. I believe the other is called Golden Park, and charges about the same. They are not fancy, but get the job done...

Jan 17, 2009
Yes, Gold Gym's prices are ridiculous. I wonder if someone with a US Gold Gym membership could use the Sosua gym for free. I refuse to pay their prices but to my knowledge, it is the only full gym with A/C in the area.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Prices Gold's Gym

In fact, they charge 300 pesos per day for use of Gold's Gym, or 2,500 per month.

We go three times per week, there's hardly ever anyone there. It is a fabulous facility but it is hard to see how they can keep it going at that price; the daily air-con bill probably costs more than they take in memberships.

The demographic of Cabarete/Sosua would not ordinarily support a 'normal' Gold's gym running, especially with the competition around, but this one is in an unusual place and subsidized.

Jan 17, 2009
Thanks, SwellSurf. It's a relief to hear that the prices are not as announced on their webpage. I'll stop by and see if I can get those rates too.

Status
Not open for further replies.