Need advice about business/job

georgig

Jul 25, 2010
Hi Friends,
I am following DR1 since 2008 as a part of my preparation for moving to DR but have never posted a treat. I moved with my family to Cabarete last October. We settled ourselves, accomodated with time difference and local cuisine and I started to look for something to do. I have 25 years experience in international grains trading, financial management and cargo handling. My native language is Bulgarian, Russian is perfect, English is good /I think/ and Spanish is oral. Tried some small business with locals but was fully disappointed by their incorrectness, late execution, manana way of thinking etc. Tried to apply for a job to international company. In Europe we are used, if you send 20 CV to 20 companies, you could receive 10 invitations for interviews, 5 answers ""maybe"" and 5 answers - ""No"". I send 20 CVs to 20 international companies in DR and received not a single answer. Pls be of help for me and advice how to do with local business or how to approach international companies in DR.
Rgards - George

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
You will make alot of money in translation. You have a gy from Norway in Cabarete who is a translator and he makes a nice living. I'm stumped for his name right now but he is out kiting every day and you can't have that many residents from norway living in Cabarete who kite every day. He rides around on a little 50cc chopper motorbike with no breaks or footpegs.
He's a reasonable guy and I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction to get involved in this.

Jean Gler

Jun 12, 2008
Hi,
If your search is still relevant, please send an e-mail with your CV.
We are a new asset management firm based in Sosua.

Damyan

Jun 19, 2011
Hello... I was wondering what is your particular business interest, that is, what are you looking to get into. I'm also trying to get into business, but have been stumbling on to roadblocks myself, for the same reasons you mentioned... If you like, PM me and we'll take it from there... Thanx!