Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing In Sosua - Todays Catch!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing In Sosua - Todays Catch!

I finally chartered a boat and went fishing today with 2 guests.

I should have taken the advice of the fishermen and booked a morning trip but I just don't get up that early.

We went offshore and it was windy so the seas were choppy and confused but they have a course they plot with predetermined fishing hot spots intact.

The fishermen drob buoys with wood etc to create a natural habitat for the little fish to congregate or hide which attracts the larger fish.

We had a Wahoo strike but missed it as they are fast and furious.

After a while I had enough of the roller coaster and suggested heading closer to shore and perhaps some bottom fishing.

Before anchoring I was able to observe the ocean front housing in los Charamicos and noticed that all of the houses chose not to make the ocean their primary view as all of the waterfront windows were boarded up as opposed to the adjacent neighbors that listened to the big bad wolf and decided on using bricks .

Anyway, after we anchored the fun began as we found a great spot for bottom fishing.

The 2 dominican mates worked hard baiting the lines and they caught all of the fish as we found several Strawberry Grouper.

We through the little ones back so I know where to find them later.

At the end of the day both my guests were able to take their catch home or we could have grilled it on the back of the boat as they plates, limes etc .

Yes there is fish on the north coast so go and enjoy them

I recommend everyone take this trip or call me and split the expense.

I paid $225 for a half day with one adult and 2 youngsters

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike. I am glad you enjoyed your fishing trip. I wanna go on it too but somewhere in September with my father. How did you find those guys? Let me know if you are up for it again.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miozio View Post
    Hey Mike. I am glad you enjoyed your fishing trip. I wanna go on it too but somewhere in September with my father. How did you find those guys? Let me know if you are up for it again.
    Just go to Sosua beach and in the parking lot the guys in the orange uniforms book the trips...real easy...if you're a gringo they will find you but being a residente is a little better.

I am always up for a DAY ON THE OCEAN!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike l View Post
    Just go to Sosua beach and in the parking lot the guys in the orange uniforms book the trips...real easy...if you're a gringo they will find you but being a residente is a little better.

I am always up for a DAY ON THE OCEAN!
    I had all kinds of people trying to sell something but i always say - "No gracias vivo a qui" I guess i just needed someone's review to buy
    Thanks for the info and if you are around in September we might share the expenses

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike l View Post
    We had a Wahoo strike but missed it as they are fast and furious.
    Sounds like another fish story to me without pics!

Glad you had fun P. Chop.

t'

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

All that's left is the barb from the Flying Fish we used as bait....sad but True.

All of my fishing stories are true ....just ask me about the sinking of the Lady Anna.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if there are charters out to the Silver Bank north of the island or if there is scuba/snorkle out that way...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

isnt 70 miles a long way in a fishing boat

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default There is a charter

marlinchaser.com does charters to the silver banks from Rio San Juan.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Todays catch that was brought to shore while I was swimming and later enjoyed...and so did everyone of the Locals ...was:

3 Dorados ( Mahi Mahi )

2 Wahoo ( Ono )

There was a Small Blue Marlin caught as well which should have been released so please save the " Once In A Lifetime " Catch that's a bill fish, measure it , let it go and and call a company in Ft. Lauderdale that can reproduce your catch Exactaley.

Taxidermists now use Fiberglass molds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast