decent cut-throat in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
morning all

can anyone suggest somewhere in Sosua, preferably as close to Casa Marina as possible, where I could get a proper old-school cut-throat close wet shave on my wedding morning? I'm probably the worlds worst shaver, always missing bits, and susceptible to a 5 o'clock shadow within an hour of shaving. Just for once I'd like to be fuzz free as nature intended on this day of all days! any suggestions appreciated.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I don?t know of a place, but, I read once that one?s beard grows the fastest right after waking up. Thus perhaps not shaving just after getting up, but later would help more with the 5 o?clock shadow.

Shaving Close

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Last edited:
May 29, 2006
I hear that your face can be a bit puffy when you get up so if you shave first thing the beard appears to grow faster then. Washing with cold water before shaving with hot is suppose to get the swelling down.

I used to go to the barber shop near Plaza Alegria/Four Roses(just before Plaza Alegria), but I don't know if they do shaves. They shave your neck with a disposable straight razor when you get your hair cut.

I've only gotten a few shaves from barbers with straight razors but they are a nice treat with the warm towels and heated cream and relaxing-- they do give a better shave than doing it yourself unless you make a real project of it.

sosuaman

*** Sin Bin ***
Jul 27, 2006
the small barber shop just up from Super Super - on the same side - has the best shave in town - just ask for George - he is very professional and will do a great job for you....

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Go down the same street as the school is on, (opposite Casa Marina). There is a barbers shop right at the end of that street and they used to do old school shaving. If not, at the end of that street take a left. You will walk past Perdomo Plaza and the Banco Santo Cruz...keep going down that street and take the next right...a couple of doors up on the street there is a small barbers shop and they definitely do old school shaving. Good luck!

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
thanks a lot, sounds like a fair bit of choice. can't quite decipher the directions but seems as good an excuse as any to take a stroll round town :)

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Very simple...walk out of the main entrance of Casa Marina and take a left. Take the first road on the right...you will walk past the school. Almost at the end of that road on the right hand side is the barbers shop. If you don't like the place, carry on the the end of the road, take a left, walk a couple of hundred meters and take the first right. The other barbers shop, (very small), is a few doors up on the right hand side.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
yes the one near super super does it - he usually shaves half my face in the hope that i will ask for the full monty....i usually leave with half a beard lol

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
morning all

can anyone suggest somewhere in Sosua, preferably as close to Casa Marina as possible, where I could get a proper old-school cut-throat close wet shave on my wedding morning? I'm probably the worlds worst shaver, always missing bits, and susceptible to a 5 o'clock shadow within an hour of shaving. Just for once I'd like to be fuzz free as nature intended on this day of all days! any suggestions appreciated.

Are you male or female??

Status
Not open for further replies.