Be careful, Bamboo Bar Prostitues

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuel

Oct 14, 2008
Back in Cabarete after a long rest. Spent Saturday night with the ?children? who are now young adults at Ono, Lax, and new Nicky. Good fun, as way back. But the Bamboo bar prostitutes are out of control. So aggressive, do not leave anyone alone, even when told he is not interested (they could not see my wife with me?)

We have traveled the world, and seen prostitutes everywhere. Usually, with eye contact make an offer, and the potential customer can reject or accept, same way. But Bamboo policy is hard sell. When we got home we realized that was missing a cell phone in a pocket.

Tourist Police, came three times when we were in the area. They saw what's going on, and did nothing about it. In other countries, this means that they are receiving money, and their boss also. I can just say, stay away from Bamboo Bar, otherwise Cabarete is still our prefered vacation.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
. But the Bamboo bar prostitutes are out of control. So aggressive, do not leave anyone alone

Never been to Cabarete, but I bet it was the ugly ones. They get desperate at times I guess. yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Back in Cabarete after a long rest. Spent Saturday night with the ?children? who are now young adults at Ono, Lax, and new Nicky. Good fun, as way back. But the Bamboo bar prostitutes are out of control. So aggressive, do not leave anyone alone, even when told he is not interested (they could not see my wife with me?)

Sometimes the ones strung out and in need of a fix will get super desperate, doesn't matter where you are drug addiction is the same. If it makes you feel any better, some years ago I had a few dollars (like $3 or something) in my hand walking away from a bar (sort of organising it as you do after being given change) in Cabarete and a girl just lunged for the money like a mentalist, I was half shocked that she had lunged for such a small amount of money in the street, albeit on the other side of the road, and half confused as to why I was trying to fend her off it, just a few bucks or a scratched face?(I've never encountered a really mad woman like that before). My Dominican friend turned to me saw my confusion at being attacked by a woman, and me not knowing what to do or how to deal with it. He just ran towards us and began kicking and beating her pretty much like you would a guy(even that shocked me back then)till she curled up in a ball (I presume beggin him to stop, no spanish back then either), I sort of felt sorry for her and as walking away dropped the few dollars in her direction.

Cabarete is still relatively clean though isn't it?

Reactions: Bronxboy

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009

We have traveled the world, and seen prostitutes everywhere. Usually, with eye contact make an offer, and the potential customer can reject or accept, same way. But Bamboo policy is hard sell. When we got home we realized that was missing a cell phone in a pocket.

Tourist Police, came three times when we were in the area. They saw what's going on, and did nothing about it. In other countries, this means that they are receiving money, and their boss also. I can just say, stay away from Bamboo Bar, otherwise Cabarete is still our prefered vacation.

Oh man why didn`t ya go to Classico or Cristal?! Quality is MUCH higher!

You would be delighted!!! Oh boy!!!

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
I seriously doubt the OP would be delighted with your suggestion. He was warning others about a problem at Bamboo during a vacation with his family.

Oh I C! Why he brought his family with him sand to the beach for God sake??!!

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
To badmouth a business like bamboo because you didn't like a few hookers is not right Samual. Did they grab you? Did they hurt anyone in your group? And how do you know that you didnt just lose your cell phone at the club. It's not a bad place, like you are warning..

Reactions: Tamborista
May 29, 2006
To badmouth a business like bamboo because you didn't like a few hookers is not right Samual. Did they grab you? Did they hurt anyone in your group? And how do you know that you didnt just lose your cell phone at the club. It's not a bad place, like you are warning..
Apparently he was groped which explains the missing phone. It may not be a bad bar, but they did allow some bad people in and didn't take care of the situation.

I stay clear of bars like that and the missing cell phone explains it all. I've heard stories of pairs of women following men into the bathroom and pulling at their wallets or phones while the men were urinating-- the men were trying to fend them off with one hand while taking care of business with the other. Whenever two women are hassling you at once, it's time to leave or move your goodies to your front pockets.

There are plenty of bars that do not tolerate aggressive behavior,(though sometimes it's because the bartenders themselves are looking for clients.) As for the Tourist Police, they are usually too busy chasing down shoe shine boys for change to be bothered and can be easily paid off in cash or trade.

I never show anything bigger than 100 peso notes and I keep my wallet in my front pocket if I'm in disco or other crowded place. I never take money out of my wallet in public in a disco or such place. I've seen some people flash 1000s in pesos sometimes to pay for a couple Presidentes and they bring their credit cards to the discos. The sad truth is common sense can be a rare commodity.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
rsg, Bamboo is the WORST place on the beach for things like that happening, and pretty much, everything Peter said is true.... ONO's doesn't allow them into their establishment...so its a little safer

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I remember back the early days I was in Cabarete being taught how to dance Bachata in some bar by some nice enough girl - I thought at the time.
She left but when I went to pay my bill I realised that I had been pick-pocketed.

She jumped on her passola and tried to speed off. I grabbed the back end (of the passola) and lifted so she was just spinning the back wheel. After a few seconds I could hold on no longer and I ended up in the road with a large chunk of plastic faring that I later used to identify her passola - a bit like the ghetto version of Cinderella's glass slipper.

I showed this to the cops who waited for her to return and extracted the cash - it was only 600 pesos but I have a zero tolerance for being robbed by someone that I could win against in a fight - unless good manners and etiquette prevents me from exacting justice, but that is another story.

I was a bit green in those days.
But I learned quickly enough.

Never stand for it.

May 29, 2006
Let me make a wild guess. Is there a moto-concho stand within 100 meters of this bar? Pick-pockets might want to go to bars where they can get away quickly if they need to.

I remember once two girls tried to pick-pocket me on Pedro Clisante in Sosua and they caught me in a bad mood. I chased after them and they had already had an empty building picked out to run and hide in.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Bambu has become the one remaining place on the beach that really allows the girls to congregate. Lax, Onno's, VoyVoy, Kahuna, O'Shays, Nikki Beach don't allow it.

For the posters in this thread who appear not to be familiar with Cabarete... these bars/restaurants/discos are essentially side by side, open to & accessible from the beach. It's not a matter of 'that part of town', but a matter of what management allows to exist.

That said, if Bambu were in Sosua, it would be tame in comparison to most discos.

Status
Not open for further replies.