Looking For a Good Dominican Wife

laumont321

Aug 2, 2010
Hola,

I met some Dominicans here in Charleston SC about 4 years ago. I was so impressed that I started learning Spanish. I thought that they were very beautiful and friendly people. I must say I would love to have a Dominican wife. I would like her not too Americanized. I would want her to retain her culture. I would not want a rich woman because it is important to me that I use my blessings to help those that need it. Does anyone know how I could go about meeting this woman?

Thanks

Ray

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
laumont, you really don't want to start by looking in this forum.

Dominican people are absolutely wonderful: warm, inviting, full of life, etc.
But coming online to look for a wife is really not the way to go about it.

Come to the island and live a while if you want to really meet someone. If you are a person of means, then you can afford an apartment for a few months or even a couple of years. And be willing to come and make a contribution to the people of the nation and their way of life.

You'll find tons of information on this site to help you prepare for your move. Do your research. And when you're ready to come on down, we'll be willing to help you.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hmmm...that was about the time I was down in Charleston, but I'm sure I wasn't one of the Dominicans you met. Anyhow your Dominican friends should be able to point you in the right direction and/or hook you up. Take some trips down to The DR, stay away from the tourist areas, improve your Spanish so you can have a conversation, etc...

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I am assuming you are contemplating a "serious" relationship.

Hmmm... touchy, touchy issue!
But I'll bite.

I don't know where you live and/or are from. But let me suggest to you, that if you plan to take you "wife" to your home country (outside of the DR) you may find that your country may not make this a very easy step... depending on which country "home" is to you.

I also don't know what your social level is, neither your education. I ask, because you seem to shoot for somebody from a ... erm... let's say "simple" back ground. It's would not be unlikely that such a person here, has little formal education, can barely read and write, has a very unique sense of order, has no experience handling finances and has very little to talk about besides the everyday things of life. Maybe that's attractive to you, but let me tell you, that the effect of "control" wears off very quickly when even such a fragile person is being exposed to a more complicate world.

What is it which attracts you to Dominican women (I know a few good reasons, but what is yours?).

Let me also throw this in: My experience is, that Dominicans abroad are different than most who have never seen and experienced the world, in good and bad.

Also keep in mind that a Latina, especially a "hot" Latina can turn out to be quite something to handle for a man used to more tempered people. She might expect to go out DANCING every couple of nights, enjoy loud music, PEOPLE in the house, L I F E... and sex... well, maybe more often than some men dream of. They can quickly feel left "unattended", unappreciated if you are not prepared to match the temperament.

I would recommend yes, LEARN the language! And learn it well. You will want to be on TOP of things and not being seen as a potential sucker. Dominicanas, as nice and sweet as they may be, seem to expect some smarts from their man. If they come to feel they are smarter, they can tend to take you for dumb or slow and you are history, and so is half of what you own.

Get INTO the LATINO lifestyle! Learn to dance! And dance with "feel" (con sabor!).

Try a CLEAN dating site... like msn or amigos.com.
Don't chat (it's just bla bla), insist on e-mail. That will hone your communication skills and you will learn what to say and what not to say without having a beer bottle crack on your skull.

IF you ever choose to come here the find a bride. Don't go to the vacation sites... you would need to stay around for months to tell the semi-pros and gold diggers from the jewls, and you could be mistaken for just another gringo on a vacation to "get some".
Go to the cities (Santiago, Santo Domingo) and hang around the universities... yes, some not so rich girls DO study (you DO want that... you do NOT want some lazy street smart you know what). Again, you need good Spanish to have a chance in THAT environment.
Then, you need to be INTERESTING. Have something going for yourself, yes here too. You don't need to flash cash or rent a Hummer... but you need to be CLEAN and sharp... and interesting - flip flops and a funny hat won't cut it. Be very hygienic, even some very poor locals are utterly picky on hygiene!

And don't put her or her country down. You wanted a woman for a third world country? Well, you will have to build her up... but always keep in mind, there is nothing that get offended easier than a Dominicana... touchy, touchy, touchy... You are in for quite a task!

... J-D.

Reactions: puryear270

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hey I'm from Charleston and married a Dominican.

I met my wife by chance on a work trip. If I had to do it again I suppose I might try some of the social webpages. If it's important that your future wife have the same values you could get those questions right out of the way.

As far as meeting Dominican girls here on the island if you are a religious man your best bet would be coming with a missionary group on a trip and you would have ample opportunity to find good "wifey" material.

Best of luck.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
They get less attractive the longer you spend with them. Mine was wonderful when I first found her, used to cuddle up every night and spoon while watching columbo every night, walks in the park every day. I could see I was going to have trouble committing to her long term though so I managed to give her to a friend of a friend so she still has a good life. Gets out and well fed.

I'm just stuck with the Mrs now and she isn't the stunner I felt she was when we first met, although she aint changed much at all.:eek:gre:

In all seriousness though the initial WOW factor that I used to get from your pretty average girl has seemed to shrink to a wow if that. Maybe I'm just in it constantly so I don't notice the natural beauty I'm surrounded by as much these days.

Reactions: Collingwood

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
They get less attractive the longer you spend with them. Mine was wonderful when I first found her, used to cuddle up every night and spoon while watching columbo every night, walks in the park every day. I could see I was going to have trouble committing to her long term though so I managed to give her to a friend of a friend so she still has a good life. Gets out and well fed.

I'm just stuck with the Mrs now and she isn't the stunner I felt she was when we first met, although she aint changed much at all.:eek:gre:

In all seriousness though the initial WOW factor that I used to get from your pretty average girl has seemed to shrink to a wow if that. Maybe I'm just in it constantly so I don't notice the natural beauty I'm surrounded by as much these days.

Always remember, what's old for one is new to another.

Just a thought!!!

Reactions: rice&beans

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Come spend at least a few weeks in or near Santiago.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

Have you ever heard this phase??

Hasta la belleza cansa!!!

JJ

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hola,

I met some Dominicans here in Charleston SC about 4 years ago. I was so impressed that I started learning Spanish. I thought that they were very beautiful and friendly people. I must say I would love to have a Dominican wife. I would like her not too Americanized. I would want her to retain her culture. I would not want a rich woman because it is important to me that I use my blessings to help those that need it. Does anyone know how I could go about meeting this woman?

Thanks

Ray

Latino women (DR women incl.) make great mistresses. Sexy, funny and hot. I would think twice about marrying one, however, before you do check out HB & AZB?s advice. And unless you are a macho and act like one from the start or a pussy ?and can live with it? any long term relationship in 90% doomed. Good Luck.

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Latino women (DR women incl.) make great mistresses. Sexy, funny and hot. I would think twice about marrying one, however, before you do check out HB & AZB?s advice. And unless you are a macho and act like one from the start or a pussy ?and can live with it? any long term relationship in 90% doomed. Good Luck.

Mistresses? Damn hope you don't blasted for that statement!

romeola

Jul 24, 2010
Hi, Iam dominican and I would like to tell you that I have a friend who is smart and she will like to meet someone like you, as you said you are a humble person who is looking for good feelings, so it is like that I would like to help you. My friend is friendly, with good looking, but she can not speak english, so I guess it will be a challenge for you. Any way if you are really interested in contacting her, just let me know .... Good luck!

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
truth is truth

...not sure why I am adding to this except to say.....

finding a life long partner is NOT easy in any culture. Time, due diligence, experiences shared and commitment to keep going even when encountering failures is not an easy formula.

Someone else had a good formula, stay far away from tourist areas, find respectable places to go and things to do. DRESS NICE but don't be flashy. LEARN SPANISH but don't use all the bad words all the time. BE INTERESTING but don't be a braggart or a bore or a "I know someone famous" type. SHOW RESPECT for the culture and don't disparage what you don't agree with, you are not on your turf. Hope you like church, go a few times and show that you know how to play along. I would say the number one thing to do is OBSERVE someone who you deem as successful and who has a role you can see yourself playing. Learn as much as you can about how this person is a success in this culture. Move very slowly and keep a lot of money in Charleston.

Reactions: J D Sauser
May 29, 2006
If you bring a Dominican woman back to the States, it's unlikely she will retain most of her Dominican values. They will make friends will other Dominican women who are more Americanized and there is a lot of peer pressure to live the American dream in terms of getting a bunch of junk. If she can't find any other Dominican women to be friends with, she will most likely get pretty lonely. If you want your wife to stay Dominican, you really have to move to the DR yourself and stay there.

As in any culture, you can find good and bad people. There are singles sites for meeting Dominican women but you really need to come to the DR and meet the women for yourself and get a working ability to speak Spanish. Learning to dance Bachata and Merengue can be a good ice breaker when you travel. I would look outside the metro/tourist areas to meet someone nice myself.

You can meet Dominicans and many others on Badoo.com. It's free and it has a good chat room.

Reactions: Bronxboy

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
If you bring a Dominican woman back to the States, it's unlikely she will retain most of her Dominican values.

That's correct and be careful she takes the papers and run!!!!!

Then you are left broken hearted, broke and lonely again.:cry::cry::cry:

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Have you ever heard this phase??

Hasta la belleza cansa!!!

JJ

In seriousness I wouldn't change her for anything, I think I'm just getting older and grunpier quickly and laxing into typical accept the BS I have to deal with, so complain about the good things I have. Like many probably forget how lucky I am, take her forgranted when I should be a bit more appreciative of what I've got.

I'm still pi$$ed I couldn't commit to the dog and had to rehome her though.:ermm: never mind.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
How about...........

I am in love with Dominican Culture and the island and I realized that I would love to have a gooooooooood Dominican husband ;)

I need a real Dominican (No DOM YORK, please) and poor would be preferable.

Can anyone help me ??

Thanks in advance!

:) :)