Television question

gator9072

Jul 2, 2010
I am a Univ. of Fl. football fan and will be in the D.R. when Fl. plays Tn. on Sept. 18. The game is national coverage on CBS. Would appreciate any insight into whether I will be able to view the game in the D.R. Thank You

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I am a Univ. of Fl. football fan and will be in the D.R. when Fl. plays Tn. on Sept. 18. The game is national coverage on CBS. Would appreciate any insight into whether I will be able to view the game in the D.R. Thank You

Where in the D.R. will you be?
There are different cable companies in different areas.

Feb 7, 2007
You can be sure CBS is not on cable in SW. CBS is in Santo Domingo and MAYBE in Santiago. Rest of the country - maybe Puerto Plata / Sosua where there is big expat community.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
You can be sure CBS is not on cable in SW. CBS is in Santo Domingo and MAYBE in Santiago. Rest of the country - maybe Puerto Plata / Sosua where there is big expat community.

I get ABC and NBC, No CBS in my area of Santiago...
But I would think most any good sports bar here would pick up CBS...
5 Star Sports Bar for sure....

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Let us know where you will be on the 18th, bet someone will know if there is coverage in the area.

Regards,

PJT

gator9072

Jul 2, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I will either go to N. Coast or Santo Domingo based on the feedback. Grasias

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Viewing games in Cabarete

Thanks for the reply. I will either go to N. Coast or Santo Domingo based on the feedback. Grasias

If on the North Coast near Cabarete go to Jose O'Shay's bar on the beach. I'm sure they'd put that game on one of the many TV's. Its basically a Sports Bar as far as the TV's go

But that's a long way to go to watch TV. I know college football fans can be Fanantics. I have two nieces that attended U of FL and I know they would drive quite a ways but they were kids then. Enjoy

Jose O'Shays Irish Bar Cabarete: Welcome

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
nice location, O'shays, but stay away from their burgers... or you will miss most of the game... lol...