Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa in sosua or puerto plata?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Villa in sosua or puerto plata?

In neeed of some help. Sept 15 2010 we (6) guys are coming to either sosua or puerto plata for some fun. We need help on finding a GUEST FRIENDLY villa. We are looking to spend between $1200 - $2400 for the week. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at these two villas and at the time they were both guest friendly. I prefered Hispaniola over Casa Linda although I believe they are sister properties. Hispanola is a litter more upscale and you dont need transportation to get into the main area of Sosua. Depending on what villa you choose its about a 5-10 minute walk to Pedro Clisante. Its also close to Playero Supermercado on the main road. Casa Linda will require transportation everytime you want to venture into Sosua. Its a little off the path. Either way you cant go wrong.
    Let me know if you have any other questions....

ocean view villas | villas for sale | rental villas | Dominican Republic | Hispaniola Residencial
    RESIDENCIAL CASA LINDA Sosua Dominican Republic Villas for rent for sale, completely furnished rental villas.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to kick a big convo off on this but just a little warning about getting a Villa 'Guest friendly'. It seems slightly less safe to allow 'guests' to know where you are living these days (security or not) and so the use of the local haunts may be a cleverer option.
    Just an observation I think may be a reality, I could just be paranoid!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

have an experience you want to tell us about ?
    i've stayed at casa linda and it was great. a few guys all got our own villa (3) and we had a driver we hired. that was back in my "other" life.

there are hotel options that may suit you better. at both villa locations wild parties and noise after a certain hour will not be tolerated. i'm talking after 10 p.m !!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Kyle;880921]have an experience you want to tell us about ?
    QUOTE]

No, I was just observing the headlines over the more recent years, seems people are happier to do you over in your own home/space than on the street and it seems they can be a little more extreme these days also. Like I said though, maybe I'm just paranoid.
    I'd not be inviting these guests anywhere these days and I'm diffinately only allowed to visit sosua with the Mrs and on an eyesight leash (trust is a wonderful thing).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I think an owner would be leery of renting a villa as guest friendly

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Find a small hotel, maybe 8 or 10 rooms and rent the whole thing. It would cost less than a villa and with no other guests in the hotel no one will care what goes on.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMary View Post
    I think an owner would be leery of renting a villa as guest friendly
    In some villas, the houseman arranges for the friendly guests as part of the service

WW

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact Renate at Northbeachcondos she is honest and has a good inventory. I believe she is on this website but here is her address.

[email protected]

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

In order to enjoy Sosua the way these guys are intending on having a good time the villa is the way to go. At least in a villa you dont have to worry about neighbors on either side of the house. You can still have a relatively good time without disturbing anyone since they are so far apart. Just as long as you keep your clothes on in the pool there wont be any problems. Paranoid? I think so.... They dont have to worry about any problems with the Sosua Mafioso since they are six deep. Usually those type of people pray on the weak. There's armed guards at the entrance of the Villas and they dont play. You can also hire someone who nows the terf and will tell you who all the mafioso chicks are. However they are not hard to spot. Get the Villa and party like a Rock Star. I'm speaking from experience!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast