CLEAN and friendly hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurichipmunk

Aug 4, 2010
Hello I am coming to DR towards the end of September for 4 nights. I am looking to stay in a nice clean hotel, AI and one with a nice beach and calm water to swim in. Any suggestions please? Should I stick to Puerta Plata or look elsewhere?

Also what will the weather by like?

Thanks in advance :)

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Hello I am coming to DR towards the end of September for 4 nights. I am looking to stay in a nice clean hotel, AI and one with a nice beach and calm water to swim in. Any suggestions please? Should I stick to Puerta Plata or look elsewhere?

Also what will the weather by like?

Thanks in advance :)

I would look towards Punta Cana if the beach and A.I. are the main criteria. September can see some large swells arriving on the north coast of the DR, where Puerto Plata/Cabarete/Sosua are located, which is great for surfing but not so great for swimming necessarily unless someone else knows of an AI inside Playa Dorada which has a more protected bay?

Las Terrenas also has very calm water and lovely beaches but not so many A.I's to choose from.

Weatherwise; check CLIMATE Puerto Plata International - Weather

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
Hi,

Sosua bay is really nice place and shaped the way that the large waves are not able to access. So I would concider f.ex. Club residential which is peaceful and nice hotel with resonable price. Other good one is Hotel El Colibri.

In Cabarete I would choose hotel Villa Taina. Cabarete beach has lots of quality restaurants and beach itself is really long and nice.

If you want to experience a beach with not too many tourists that you should concider hotel Playa Laguna. The room price is amazingly low and that isolated beach is less than 2 miles from Sosua center.

Br. Bebeto

Maurichipmunk

Aug 4, 2010
I would look towards Punta Cana if the beach and A.I. are the main criteria. September can see some large swells arriving on the north coast of the DR, where Puerto Plata/Cabarete/Sosua are located, which is great for surfing but not so great for swimming necessarily unless someone else knows of an AI inside Playa Dorada which has a more protected bay?

Las Terrenas also has very calm water and lovely beaches but not so many A.I's to choose from.

Weatherwise; check CLIMATE Puerto Plata International - Weather

Thank you for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.