Salary Survey

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I'd like to start a salary survey and need your help. I see these questions often so let's start a thread.

Tell me the position and salary in Pesos please of what you either earn per month or what you pay staff per month. Please give me first hand information only so we know that this is correct! Thanks.

If we can do the cut and past and add to the list as we go:

Driver 8,000 RD

Office Cleaner 6,000 RD

Receptionist bilingual 9,000 RD

Reactions: waytogo

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hospital dietary department supervisor, degree and experience required: RD$14,000

Executive Director, Cluster, sponsored by USAID, degree and executive experience required: $23,000

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Physicians assistant, in Cardio office 12,500 monthly

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Executive Director, Cluster, sponsored by USAID, degree and executive experience

Hi Cobraboy,
required: $23,000. this is not all true. a person working for the USAID with all these qualification makes a lot more money then that. just think if a person working at a call center makes 20,000 plus just by being a customer services rep what will someone with those degree make. And I am talking from facts because I have a friend that works for the USAID and makes 60,000
The person does not work for USAID. USAID is sponsoring the Cluster. Big difference.

I know the RD$23,000 number to be a 100% accurate FACT.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Haitian live-in gardener/security guard is paid $(RD)12,000 per month. He eats exact same food as the household ie imported meats etc.

Lex87

Mar 1, 2010
instructor - Internet based = RD 29,000

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
The person does not work for USAID. USAID is sponsoring the Cluster. Big difference.

I know the RD$23,000 number to be a 100% accurate FACT.

My twin bro started his first assignment with USAID in March. You don't choose what country you work in but you can give some kind of preference. For example, he said he desired to speak French and work in Africa so he got his wish - Democratic Republic of Congo.

I believe starting salary is like $65K per year (more if you get hazard pay in places like Congo) plus they pay for your housing and 2 trips abroad per 2 year assigment.

That would work out to be like 195K in pesos per month plus free housing. Quite a big difference from the person at Cluster mentioned above. It is a tough process to get into USAID but my bro says they desperately need accountants/controllers. I sometimes think of giving it a try and taking the test and seeing if I could get a position in DR or another Latin American country but would not want my parents to have both their "children" abroad.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Colmado delivery driver (moto), 7000pesos monthly, plus accom, plus food. 80-85 hours per week.

Security guard for substation central Santo Domingo(electric) 125pesos per hour.

Barber 150-250 pesos per cut minus 50% to the house.

Private own home TEFL tuition 500pesos per hour, per student.

Based on people working in Zona Universitaria Santo Domingo.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
My twin bro started his first assignment with USAID in March. You don't choose what country you work in but you can give some kind of preference. For example, he said he desired to speak French and work in Africa so he got his wish - Democratic Republic of Congo.

I believe starting salary is like $65K per year (more if you get hazard pay in places like Congo) plus they pay for your housing and 2 trips abroad per 2 year assigment.

That would work out to be like 195K in pesos per month plus free housing. Quite a big difference from the person at Cluster mentioned above. It is a tough process to get into USAID but my bro says they desperately need accountants/controllers. I sometimes think of giving it a try and taking the test and seeing if I could get a position in DR or another Latin American country but would not want my parents to have both their "children" abroad.
The Cluster is a Dominican organization, period. It is NOT USAID. It existed before USAID chose them to help with US taxpayer money and expertise. The salary as I quoted is correct.

They have 2 more years of USAID help, then that's it. No mo gubmint money, but that RD$23,000 will still have to be paid.

Maybe the USAID employees get big (by comparison) bucks. Of that I have no doubt.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Let's not get caught up on USAID and their jobs. I really want a broadbased survey

IT programmers from 40,000 to 150,000 RD monthly

Website designers simple 3pages 5,000RD

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Call Center - from 45RD per hour to 110 RD per hour plus commission

Call Center - 12,000 RD per month plus commission

Customer Service - Fluent English - 12,000 RD per month

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
AMET street officer: $7,500 per month

AMET zone supervisor, for the area between Ortega y Gasset to Ave Luperon, and 27 de Febrero up to Ave John F. Kennedy in Sto Dgo: $13,000 per month

COPA airlines reservations clerk> $16,000 per month

COPA airlines reservations office supervisor> $25,000 per month

Chemical engineer working in medical device manufacturing> $45,000 per month

Freight forwarder coordinator, responsible for all shipment documentation: $30,000 per month

Freight Forwarder person responsible for meeting all inbound ships with shipment paperwork, on call 24 hours, $30,000 per month

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Other than the fantasy position you mention no other positions posted pay more than $1,000 US per month.

You mention almost 200K $RD per month? Is anyone getting that salary here except for the head of operations?

I don't know how many USAID employees are in DR or what the head of ops make but the starting salary is around $65K + housing. The ironic thing about it is the woman in my brother's class who got chosen to work in the DR has never been there and had little Spanish skills (though they give you intensive language classes before you go abroad) .

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
The Cluster is a Dominican organization, period. It is NOT USAID. It existed before USAID chose them to help with US taxpayer money and expertise. The salary as I quoted is correct.

I know, I am agreeing with you that as a US gov funded organization the USAID salary is drastically higher than a local organization. I just wished my bro had his sights on a place closer to home like DR rather than the completely f'ed up place like the Congo. It would make visiting him a lot more accessible and fun. Ironically, one of the reasons why he chose Africa is that his fiance is from Mozambique.

I just know if I wanted to live comfortably in Latin America it is an avenue that I would explore. That said it is not an easy job to get - you need a masters degree, take some serious tests, and pass some extensive background checks.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Car mechanics w/o certifications 8000 base+ about 2-4000 bonus /month.
car mechanic with INFOTEP or other trade certifications 8000 base +4-8000 bonus / month.
a real good mechanic, with real diagnostic skills - capable to work on high-end vehicles 16,000-20,000 / month
An important note: They don't work with own tools, the employer supplies the tools and equipment.
Shop Managers makes about the same, but no dirty hands,
US and European certified mechanics with excellent diagnostic and repair skills, most have their own tools: 40,000 - 90,000 (sometimes higher) /month
There are not many around though.

The Hun

Reactions: MikeFisher