Where is the best/biggest Plaza Lama in Santo DOmingo?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
SW Corner of Winston Churchill and 27 de Febrero. Food downstairs, everything else upstairs.

AE

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Be careful buying there. They stock a lot of items that are outdated electronics and cheap junk. Know what you want before you buy.

Reactions: Bronxboy

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Why not go to Multicentro La Sirena up the street; large selection of items there.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Jumbo is great I agree with Rubio, everything in Plaza Lama falls apart before you even have it home and have a crap returns policy, I do my food shopping there but don't bother buying anything else there anymore.

Jumbo is 3 car rides away for me or we would probably shop there all the time.

Plaza Lama does have some brilliant Plasma deals right now that are difficult to ignore, I just know it will break within a week.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Los Minas

jumbo is great i agree with rubio, everything in plaza lama falls apart before you even have it home and have a crap returns policy, i do my food shopping there but don't bother buying anything else there anymore.

Jumbo is 3 car rides away for me or we would probably shop there all the time.

Plaza lama does have some brilliant plasma deals right now that are difficult to ignore, i just know it will break within a week.

jumbo...;););)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Be careful buying there. They stock a lot of items that are outdated electronics and cheap junk. Know what you want before you buy.
Mi esposa won't shop @ Plaza Lama. Seems they have a history of passing off refurbished goods as new and have a reputation of making warranty claims difficult.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

A couple of years back my digital camera died a fast death in SD, so I went to Plaza Lama for a replacement. Everything was very expensive, I ended up paying about $350/US for one of the cheaper ones, and when I got home I saw the identical camera at Staples for about $139. Of course, at the time I wanted the photos so I bit the bullet.

Since then we take two cameras with us, just in case. I don't ever want to be buying small electronics there again.

AE