Thread: Where is the best/biggest Plaza Lama in Santo DOmingo?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where is the best/biggest Plaza Lama in Santo DOmingo?

I want a large selection of items to choose from.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

SW Corner of Winston Churchill and 27 de Febrero. Food downstairs, everything else upstairs.

AE

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful buying there. They stock a lot of items that are outdated electronics and cheap junk. Know what you want before you buy.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not go to Multicentro La Sirena up the street; large selection of items there.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Even better, Jumbo on Luperon is probably the biggest store in SD.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Jumbo is great I agree with Rubio, everything in Plaza Lama falls apart before you even have it home and have a crap returns policy, I do my food shopping there but don't bother buying anything else there anymore.

Jumbo is 3 car rides away for me or we would probably shop there all the time.

Plaza Lama does have some brilliant Plasma deals right now that are difficult to ignore, I just know it will break within a week.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Los Minas

Quote Originally Posted by anastacio View Post
    jumbo is great i agree with rubio, everything in plaza lama falls apart before you even have it home and have a crap returns policy, i do my food shopping there but don't bother buying anything else there anymore.

Jumbo is 3 car rides away for me or we would probably shop there all the time.

Plaza lama does have some brilliant plasma deals right now that are difficult to ignore, i just know it will break within a week.
    jumbo...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Be careful buying there. They stock a lot of items that are outdated electronics and cheap junk. Know what you want before you buy.
    Mi esposa won't shop @ Plaza Lama. Seems they have a history of passing off refurbished goods as new and have a reputation of making warranty claims difficult.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    A couple of years back my digital camera died a fast death in SD, so I went to Plaza Lama for a replacement. Everything was very expensive, I ended up paying about $350/US for one of the cheaper ones, and when I got home I saw the identical camera at Staples for about $139. Of course, at the time I wanted the photos so I bit the bullet.

Since then we take two cameras with us, just in case. I don't ever want to be buying small electronics there again.

AE

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

go to the new Corripio store in John F Kennedy. they have good brands