Puerto Plata City Apartment Needed...

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Does anyone know of a furnished 1 bedroom apartment preferably in Puerto Plata city area... I have a friend going down next week and suggested KMA but it's too expensive for her... she's staying for 2 months, possibly longer...

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
It is difficult to make a recommendation without knowing what your friend was quoted at KMA. While I havent been there (just seen it from the road), it is my understanding that it is on the lower end of the scale.

There are many apart-hotels in the city and surrounds depending what her budget is. Just outside of the city is Castillo del Ambar in Urbanazacion Marapica, which was ok some years ago. Last I heard from someone who was looking into it was that their nightly rate was around RD$1500...but your friend can always try and negotiate a better rate for a long term rental.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
There is a decent place in ensanchez luperon. It is kiddie corner to supereconomico max, 1 block up from the malecon. We have stayed there in long term rentals twice. Laundry and wifi on site. Monthly for a 1 bedroom is around 500 us or studio for 250 or so. Secure entrance, daily maid service and kitchenette with fridge and stove.

Let me know if you want a number and I will dig it up.