Dominican Republic Logic...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
yessss... it's about dogs again, but DR-related, that is for sure...

We had an officially recognised kennel by FCI (federation Canino international) in Belgium for years...

When we decided to move we contacted FCI on how to transfer our kennel-name (De Booischothoeve) from Belgium to the DR... they told us to have our name scratched at FCI Belgium, and to renew it in the DR... seems simple enough...

For a year now, we have tried contacting FCI here, but no luck... the person who was in charge, was sick, and sadly enough died a couple of months back... We contacted FCI Puerto Rico, and were told a new person here was in charge, and they gave us the phone-numbers...

We had to try calling her about 50 times, but in the end got a hold of her... she was very nice, and gave us a lot of explanations, which is where the craziness starts...:bunny:

In order for our pups to get pedigrees... we have to go to SD with all parents, all pups, and the official pedigrees proving their breed for at least 3 generations...

The generations is no problem, how far back do you want to go??? 10 generations, 12???... you name it and we can show it...

But they told us they would have to re-evaluate the dogs... please!!!... let us get serious... who in hell is going to re-evaluate an australian shepherd over here... as far as we know, there is only one other one on the island, brought over by its American family when they moved...

The Malinois have pedigrees like they have never seen over here... and are DNA-tested... and they are going to decide whether their champion-pedigrees are real, and that they are real Malinois???

Well, yes, the system is what the system is... and we will play along...

Am talking to Caribe Tours to rent a bus... 2 owners and 23 dogs... should be an interesting trip...:bunny::bunny::bunny:

(you guys think I could stop at Ikea on the way back and buy some meatballs???... I could put the puppies in the kids play-area... lol)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Wouldn't it be easier - and less expensive - if they came out to visit you?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Wouldn't it be easier - and less expensive - if they came out to visit you?
Right!

Offer them an all-inclusive stay at a resort for their hotel and convenience.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This comes as no surprise...... they want to see everything.

Peter, when I was importing my car they identified it every possible way... VIN (serial) number from 3 places on the car and wrote everything down on their forms.

After the Aduana, the car is officially admitted to the country.

Next comes the license plates - metricula, I needed to go to the 4th floor in SD to apply - 4th floor, good place to inspect a car, right?

Paperwork in order,then they ask how I can prove that this is car that actually was admitted..... What? 3 VINs plus the Aduana doesn't do it? NO!

Luckily, I had 2 things in the car.... the original window sticker from the car dealer when the car was sold and a receipt for an oil change 6 months ago.

Guess which one they chose to use........ right, the oil change.
Common sense, DR style.

WW

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
This comes as no surprise...... they want to see everything.

Peter, when I was importing my car they identified it every possible way... VIN (serial) number from 3 places on the car and wrote everything down on their forms.

After the Aduana, the car is officially admitted to the country.

Next comes the license plates - metricula, I needed to go to the 4th floor in SD to apply - 4th floor, good place to inspect a car, right?

Paperwork in order,then they ask how I can prove that this is car that actually was admitted..... What? 3 VINs plus the Aduana doesn't do it? NO!

Luckily, I had 2 things in the car.... the original window sticker from the car dealer when the car was sold and a receipt for an oil change 6 months ago.

Guess which one they chose to use........ right, the oil change.
Common sense, DR style.

WW

Yes sure they will want to see "everything". But they probably won't have a clue, but "noblesse oblige" they will try to cover ignorance up with the usual arrogance by asking them for stuff that doesn't even exist and maybe some really "smart" one will try to convince them, they have to leave their dawg with them and try to cross their Malinois with their brain dead street "Chihuahua" behind their back (que tu cree que yo no me voy aplovechai?). :D

Short-cut'em! Bzzt. If they had certification, they should try to become the certifying HQ. They KNOW what they are talking of... now, THAT would be a real asset to this country... somebody in charge who actually knows... how'bout that?

... J-D.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it is actually perfectly logical and i would do the same.
see, i kinda like dogs, right? just like the kennel lady, otherwise, i hope, she would not be da boss. but i have never neen a malinos nor australian sheperd. just like the kennel lady. and puppies are cute, no? then why do not make those stupid gringos (just an expression) come to me with all their cute dogs so i could see them without leaving home? and so my kids could see them too? it is so funny when they pull lil' pups by their tails, they would love it! (kids, not dogs, that is,who cares about dogs). yes, so make them come. they would come for they have no choice. and i think i may even tell them about the oldest kennel hq rule of giving away first-born pup to the kennel boss, for certification purposes. no, i will ask for a first female. i can then breed her with similar looking vira lata and make some cash on the side selling pups. with certificate, of course. and pedigree. guaranteed by dominican dog kennel association. signed it myself, i should know.

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
Knowing how everything works in santo domingo all this means is you'll have to be inconvienced just to get down there and slip $1000 rd to someone.
The good news is for the same $1000 rd you can have signed documentation that your dog is of royalty and their ancestors guarded cleopatra.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The Malinois have pedigrees like they have never seen over here... and are DNA-tested... and they are going to decide whether their champion-pedigrees are real, and that they are real Malinois???

How can you quantify that statement?

I have a pedigree Malinois. With papers and a kennel name. Bought from a very well known Belgian breeder and trainer in Cabrera.

I'm sure I've mentioned Sebastian before, why don't you get in touch with him?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
But they told us they would have to re-evaluate the dogs... please!!!... let us get serious... who in hell is going to re-evaluate an australian shepherd over here... as far as we know, there is only one other one on the island, brought over by its American family when they moved...
)

As far as you know, but you could be wrong, they could be well informed or even have an expert. I can see it is likely that what you predict will be reality, but you never know.

Seeing what they are registering is a pretty reasonable request IMO.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Thats why Belgiank is sleeping not well these day's...he is already thinking how on earth to move all those dogs to SD? LOL

I think its pretty reasonable to think that the responsible person will come down/up to us to see the parents and the pups or not...we will see, either way, all the pups will have their pedigree for sure.

We are certainly going to work very closely with FCD now its "moving" again with Dra. Castro in charge, seems like a very competent lady in our first contacts with here.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
As far as you know, but you could be wrong, they could be well informed or even have an expert. I can see it is likely that what you predict will be reality, but you never know.

Seeing what they are registering is a pretty reasonable request IMO.

The Malinois are straight forward.
The aussies however not because Flash comes from a very old working stock dog line and the colors of some of the pups are not your "mostly seen" colors for an aussie but they are standard colors, just curious how an expert will describe them ;)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
The Malinois are straight forward.
The aussies however not because Flash comes from a very old working stock dog line and the colors of some of the pups are not your "mostly seen" colors for an aussie but they are standard colors, just curious how an expert will describe them ;)

You honestly think there will be experts re Aussies there???? :bunny::bunny::bunny:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
How can you quantify that statement?

I have a pedigree Malinois. With papers and a kennel name. Bought from a very well known Belgian breeder and trainer in Cabrera.

I'm sure I've mentioned Sebastian before, why don't you get in touch with him?

We know Sebastien very well.... he was even buying a dog from us before he decided to move back to Mexico...

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
it is actually perfectly logical and i would do the same.
see, i kinda like dogs, right? just like the kennel lady, otherwise, i hope, she would not be da boss. but i have never neen a malinos nor australian sheperd. just like the kennel lady. and puppies are cute, no? then why do not make those stupid gringos (just an expression) come to me with all their cute dogs so i could see them without leaving home? and so my kids could see them too? it is so funny when they pull lil' pups by their tails, they would love it! (kids, not dogs, that is,who cares about dogs). yes, so make them come. they would come for they have no choice. and i think i may even tell them about the oldest kennel hq rule of giving away first-born pup to the kennel boss, for certification purposes. no, i will ask for a first female. i can then breed her with similar looking vira lata and make some cash on the side selling pups. with certificate, of course. and pedigree. guaranteed by dominican dog kennel association. signed it myself, i should know.

I didn't read your post yet but now I have and I must say...you gotta be kidding right! or either you don't have a clue or do not want to know how much time and effort we put in putting a combination together that is healthy (first priority), complement each other in character and social behaviour towards humans and animals and stay within the breeding standard of their kind.

Surely...its not because we live on island where dogs are considered by many people as necessary evil or just don't like them that we have to lower ourselves with our dogs to those "standards" and methods and we will never do so.