Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabarete: All Inclusive vs Condo rentals???

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabarete: All Inclusive vs Condo rentals???

I was just reading a new thread from Dr.Mpe inquiring about All Inclusive hotels in Cabarete and asked myself what other residents of Cabarete thought.

Over the years All Inclusive hotels have all but dissapeared in Cabarete and Condos are being built continuously.

I would think that this would be better for the economy of the town. Hotel customers stay on the site, whereas condo renters shop for food, furniture and go to restaurants, bars and on tours more often that the others.

Would employment of locals also not be higher from the Condo complexes than from a Hotel?

Would the money generated from Condo owners not better benefit the population than the profits from the Hotels which are send back to the mainland......????

What do you think?????

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The Locals make much more money from the Condos. AI's don't want you to leave. They tell you it's not safe.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it all depends. Flights alone are very expensive and if you don't stay more than a week, an all inclusive makes sense. And may I say that some of these AI vacations for 1 week equal a flight. You have your flight, hotel, meals and drinks all wrapped in one. Plus, in a lot of locations, you have the opportunity to walk out of your AI and taste the local flavour, if you don't like your food at the AI.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Would employment of locals also not be higher from the Condo complexes than from a Hotel? [quote]

I don't think so. A hotel requires way more personel than a condo would. Just think of all the daily front desk service, cleaning of hotel rooms, food service and preparation, entertainment staff etc, etc.....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

One AI may employ more then one rest and bar. If you conside all the rest., bars, shops. etc. it's the hotels and condo's that create the majority of the employment in Cabarete. Not the AI's. I live in a Condo and believe me, there are as many empolyees as Wyndum. Some smaller condo's may not, but many do.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oriole100 View Post
    I live in a Condo and believe me, there are as many empolyees as Wyndum. Some smaller condo's may not, but many do.
    Oriole, if your condo employs as many people as Viva Wyndham... I'd wager you have either poor management or an extremely high level of service.

Viva (or any other AI) has admin, tour reps, full time accountants, photographers, front desk clerks 24/7, security personnel, gardeners, customer service reps, animation teams, maintenance staff, bell boys, administrative assistants, bartenders, tourist shop employees, restaurant workers (often for multiple restaurants), enough maids to provide daily service (not bi-weekly or weekly as in many condos), transportation staff, beach chair staff, gym trainers, etc, etc.

Many AI's have buses to bring their employees to work daily.
    Your condo employs an equivalent # of people?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm trying to say is that the number of employees at condo's, hotels, rest. and shops in Cabaretefar exceed the number in the few AI's in Cabarete. the AI's don't support the town. As you said they bus in their employees.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oriole100 View Post
    What I'm trying to say is that the number of employees at condo's, hotels, rest. and shops in Cabaretefar exceed the number in the few AI's in Cabarete. the AI's don't support the town. As you said they bus in their employees.
    I can't argue with that!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I say...

Condos (mostly empty...) and AI both are bad for the local community. What happened the last ten years is that a lot of hotel rooms has turned into condos and thats sad.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Are not most Condo Complexes run as Condo/Hotel?????

Quote Originally Posted by DR Mpe View Post
    Condos (mostly empty...) and AI both are bad for the local community. What happened the last ten years is that a lot of hotel rooms has turned into condos and thats sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast