iphone help needed in or Santiago/Puerto Plata

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Need a person that can replace the glass only part of the screen of an iphone 2g. Its very tedious but can be done by someone with experience. I have the glass parts, so just need the labor.

I have 26 pieces, so they can make some serious money.

And a few beers or other appropriate reward to the person that recommends the guy.

Thanks

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I believe you have my phone #. Call me, and I'll tell you who can do it in Santiago. Are you here in the DR now?

The Hun

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
There are some Germans in that plaza opposite to Watson Homes in Sosua-Batey, Orange is in the same plaza.
They do change the touch screen. Cost: RD$ 4500.oo!! Takes 10 days, as they only order the parts from abroad on a as needed basis.

... J-D.

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Call Braulio in Colinas Mall...809-575-1313 or go visit him at jose comunicaciones colinas mall..i hope you speak some spanish :s or send me a message if you prefer and i can ask him if it can be done..

TheHun

May 4, 2008
It sounds to me like they are changing the LCD display/glass assembly to so that the touch screen will function. Do you happen to know if that is true?

Yep, that's what I think.
Luperon wants to change only the glass part. (The screen includes 3 main parts, the glass, digitizer, and the LCD panel.)
He wants to get the glass part replaced. It's a difficult process, because the glass and the digitizer are glued together. You have to be very careful not to damage the digitizer during the process.
For DR$ 4500 you can replace the entire screen assembly, however the glass part is only about US$ 10.

The Hun

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Yep, that's what I think.
Luperon wants to change only the glass part. (The screen includes 3 main parts, the glass, digitizer, and the LCD panel.)
He wants to get the glass part replaced. It's a difficult process, because the glass and the digitizer are glued together. You have to be very careful not to damage the digitizer during the process.
For DR$ 4500 you can replace the entire screen assembly, however the glass part is only about US$ 10.

The Hun
for4500 ill change them all day long.
bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Oh man..iPhones are VERY delicate once exposed. Where did you buy your iphone from? Apple? Couldn't you just send it to Apple to ensure proper repair? I know you're looking for a quick easy fix but quick and easy could mean messy and pricey.

The OP has 26 of them!

T809

Mar 8, 2010
the 2g is actally the original right? or are you talking about the second to come out? i saw some videos on youtube of a guy replacing the glass on the original. it looked like a B to do and took the guy 2 hours but he did it. if you already have the glass i say go for it. if you screw it up then you can just pay the 4000 or whatever to have someone replace the digitizer and all that. fixing stuff yourself is always a little rewarding as well. he let a hairdryer blow on it for a while to soften up the glue a bit so the pieces came off easier. the only thing about it is just scraping it off very carefully. if this is the iphone after the original then its supposed to be very easy to replace.

plus if you do it right. congratulations you just picked up a valuable skill in DR. you could throw an ad in the mundoanuncio and diariolibre as an iphone repairman. would be nice extra income if you ever needed it.

Last edited by a moderator: